My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
More Liberty, Less Tyrany
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More than 20 years ago my father-in-law built a trailer out of an old 70s riding lawn mowerframe . It was used little and sat in his garage. It was unpainted wood sides/deck and very well built.

We've moved him in with us now and we recently aquired a John Deere lawn tractor from a neighbor (old craftsman finally gave up the ghost) and my wife couldn't part with the trailer.

So I decided it was time to paint that puppy and here is the results.

Its very well balanced and I put rubber 'feet' off the back so I can stand it up so it doesn't take up as much room in the garage.

It will serve us well.

·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good.
Thanks,

My Father-in-law was 'tickled' to know we preferred his trailer to the other cart we had. It went with the last yard sale.

He's legally blind (macular degeneration), and can't see it very well but is very happy we're using it.

·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That turned out very nice! And what you did was a loving and wonderful gesture for your FIL.

Thanks for sharing.

Mark
Yeah he's a decent curmudgeon, would be different if he was a jerk.

Worked out well, This trailer is the same size as my 4 wheeled cart but it has advantages. The 4 wheel cart used expanded metal for the bottom and mulch/brush needed a tarp. This way I can just load it and go.

Im going to make a bracket on the front to hold handles for rakes, shovels and a box for hand tools so I don't have to lay them in the back. There is a door on the back that needs another coat and it will go on this week.

And try backing up a 4 wheeled cart when its attached to the tractor.

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
thebanjoman

Nice looking cart! Looks to be a perfect size and (for sure) is a perfect color! :ROF

1 - 8 of 8 Posts