My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Husqvarna R322T, JD 990, Poulan Pro
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an older Erskine 720FM snow blower on Craig’s list. Who would expect that? Now that I have bought it I wanted to touch up the paint. The black parts are easy of course but the yellow is a conundrum. I emailed Erskine a week ago asking for a match and got no answer. Does anyone know? Is it “Transport Yellow”, “School Bus Yellow”, "Caterpillar Yellow” ? It is not J-Deere yellow.
Vehicle Plant Wheel Motor vehicle Tree

·
Super Moderator
9,018 Posts
The yellows are really difficult to match well. I looked on Erskine's website to see if they offered touch up paint but you have to be a dealer to access their parts--go figure.

I did a swath of yellows to compare to Cub Cadet yellow awhile back. IDK if this will help or not but here it is. It's sitting against my Cub 3240 fender. Maybe pull a piece of loose paint off and compare to a Cub Cadet? VS Int'l is Van Sickle International yellow which I buy at Atwood's or Orshelin's. TSC Majic is Cub yellow from tractor Supply

·
Registered
2013 Husqvarna R322T, JD 990, Poulan Pro
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Randy I have a yellow part that connects to the rear tractor drawbar that I could at least compare to the paint can caps at H-D and TSC. Your comments made me think of it. I had tried Erskine’s site as well. I appreciate the effort and you give me hope.
RD

·
Administrator
17,886 Posts
Thanks Randy I have a yellow part that connects to the rear tractor drawbar that I could at least compare to the paint can caps at H-D and TSC. Your comments made me think of it. I had tried Erskine’s site as well. I appreciate the effort and you give me hope.
RD
Just remember that the paint on the part is more than likely to be a bit pale compared to the paint caps due to sun fade. That will be fine if you match that to do spot painting where you are trying to blend in with the existing paint.
MikeC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts