My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
I am using chrome, not paying for premium. I have never seen anything like that. Just the pop ups.

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Any update on the status of the fix?

It is annoying to see the ads after paying to have them gone.

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,846 Posts

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
No update from the techs yet, unfortunately, they are still looking into it.

Sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! At least that is an update. :fing32:

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,839 Posts
Agreed, any update, including "no progress" is better than no update at all. A very good lesson for tech support/customer support to learn. Thanks LT, appreciate the pass-thru

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I get the feeling this is a low priority fix to whomever is in charge of fixing things.

For the record, the issue persists and is getting worse.

Can someone post an authoritative update.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I replied earlier that I am not seeing these ads using chrome. Apparently I lied. If I go searching through the forum index, and open a thread, they are there. If that makes any sense.

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Another week down and still no update.

Is it safe to assume that no one is doing ANYthing and really don't care if the problem is solved or not?

·
Administrator
5,588 Posts
Haven't heard anything. I do see this type of ad in the threads now and then, not often. It may be something we have to get used to, I don't know.
I researched the screen name of one of these posters, it belongs to a large marketing company from Japan. One wonders why a big successful company like this would have to resort to this type of advertising?

·
Administrator- We’re all friends here
14,474 Posts
Those have been reported as well. :thanku:

·
15,000 +posts!
20,335 Posts
Are the ads being discussed the ones that appear at the top of the page (as a thred,not a pop up ad),when you go on a forum ?...lately I have noticed some sponsored by Walgreens,and some "tabloid" type ads that are about celebrities ,but I never click on them,I just ignore them..

·
Administrator
5,588 Posts
Are the ads being discussed the ones that appear at the top of the page (as a thred,not a pop up ad),when you go on a forum ?...lately I have noticed some sponsored by Walgreens,and some "tabloid" type ads that are about celebrities ,but I never click on them,I just ignore them..
Yep...That be them. You are smart not to click on them. Hopefully, the tech people can get rid of them.

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Go to posts 6 and 7 in this thread. I posted screen shots.

3,088 Posts
Robert, They are in with the threads. You know when you have a list of threads on any given subject. They are threads that are ads or lewd messages.

·
Minding my P's & Q's
2,044 Posts
I wonder why only some people see them?
They do not show up for me.

There must be some common denominator as to who gets them and who does not.

·
Blank Space
3,037 Posts
Three simple observations. Draw your own individual conclusions.

• A competent tech could solve this issue in a matter or hours at the most.
  • These types of things have been discussed many, many times over the last five years or so.
  • Post count and overall board participation has dropped dramatically in that time.

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
This was first posted in May, 2019. It is now September, 2019. By my count that is four or five MONTHS.

Absolutely zero change to the ad plague. They are there as strong as ever. To make matters worse, their component parts are all shifted to the right one field, making the tread title appear in a too-narrow field and making the ad HUGE. So not only is it still a sucking wound, this pours salt into it.

Come on MTF. What's the deal here?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts