My Tractor Forum banner

Pa Plow day!!!

6K views 54 replies 26 participants last post by  suburban16 
#1 ·
Well I finally got to meet some MTF members!!! Hugh SS/16, WVSears, and I were pretty much having a blast with our Sears tractors, even though we had our share of issues (at least WVSears and I did lol). My diesel is now steering wheel less lol, I finished the day discing with vise-grips as a steering wheel!!

It was all in all a great weekend, and I got to put some faces with the names. I got to meet Hugh, WVSears, atfigure, m25pa, kbeitz, Pa318guy, Ken from NJ,and more that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

I'm sorry I didn't get any pics, as I was too busy having a blast plowing and discing the fields. I know Hugh get some cool pics and vids, hopefully he'll chime in when he gets a chance to and post em up.

To anybody that gets the chance to do this, I strongly urge them to come out and have some fun and meet new people.

#2 ·
:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

I can't help but laugh about the steering wheel. What is it with these Sears tractors and their steering wheels? It seems like everyone who wants to remove the wheel can't and occasionally they fall off while operating them. LOL!

#3 ·
I did get some pics lol. If you look closely at the pics of us using the discs, you can see the mighty diesel Sears rocking some vise-grips as a steering wheel lol!!

Attachments

#6 ·
It was great meeting you too! And yes I had a blast, even though the Sears broke. I will make sure I attend that event again next year and every other year I can!!

#7 ·
Oh yeah it was well worth it! What for tractor did you have there?? I'm not sure I remember the screen name.

#8 ·
First off, I wanna say thanks to Josh and his team for making this event possible. :congrats: hats off fellas. I got to meet Suburban16, WV Sears, Dane in PA, Dad0850, PA318Guy, m25pa, canawler, jiveturkey, and a couple others whose names escape me. I had the time of my life, it was awesome to meet everyone and sink some plows and I cant believe it all just happened. So cool!!! Yes, I have un-Godly amounts of pics to put up, as well as a lot of video. Stay tuned!

#11 ·
I had a great time. I got to meet alot of new people. I think all of the guy and gals that put this on deserve a big thank you for making this possible :thanku: The food was awesome also.

Heres the story on mine and Jesse's breakdown. I had been battling a dead battery all day (thank you everyone who helped me). I was on my way out to field when the tractor stalled. I hooped off, hooked the jumper box up and it started. I heard a tin-ie knocking sound. After further investigation one of the flywheel screen bolts stripped out and the bolt was hitting the outer flywheel screen. While I was waiting on Hugh to get back I see the diesel powered sears heading back befor he should be and Hugh was no where to be found (still plowing). Jesse pulls up and his steering wheel is laying on his plow and he was steering with and adjustable wrench.:swow:
So I got my issue take care of and jesse managed to make due with his vise grip steering device. The we all enjoyed a round of discing. I had a lot of fun

#14 ·
I don't need to know eight digit grid coordinates, but where exactly does this take place, is it in the same local each year, and how does one find out when it's happening?

I had fun just reading your stories and looking at the photos, so I'm sure you lot had a blast because not one of you in the photos had a furrowed brow. Bad pun intended.

Cheers and thanks for sharing,
bolillo

#17 ·
Very Cool, I wish it wasn't so far to it. I'd come to plow day. Looks Like a lot of fun

#22 ·
Can someone tell me where and when this takes place every year? Sure sounds like something I'd be interested in doing. Good people, Good food and lots of tractors, how can you go wrong?

Sent from the MTF Free App

#28 ·
Can someone tell me where and when this takes place every year? Sure sounds like something I'd be interested in doing. Good people, Good food and lots of tractors, how can you go wrong?

There's also a Western NY plow day coming up soon too! Sorry don't remember the dates but check that sub-forum for events and that should let you know what's in your area!

#23 ·
Well it's over now for the year, but if you keep an eye in the tractor shows and events section, the Pa plow day staff will start a thread with details about the next plow day.

#25 ·
Stan, I urge you to get a plow for the mighty 455 and come on out next year. I think you'll enjoy yourself out there in the fields.

#26 ·
That looks like you all had a great time! I'm going to have to get to one some time. Hugh was nice to share the video and pictures. Great AC/DC song btw!

Did you guys finish the field, how big was that? And did you manage to disk all of that to? Thanks for sharing, looks like fun!

#27 ·
We all plowed 50 in a little less than 5 hours. We disked about 10 acres in a half hour

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.