My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I dont think i have showed this pic befor so this is my plowing setup for this year.

changes i am making are adding my chains back on. I tried with out but i dont get enough traction, plus i have the rear weight box this year dont think i like it may put the rear blade back on.

any ? i will try to answer. hope ya all like

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,538 Posts
Looks like a great set up. I'm sure you'll get it sorted out. I never saw a front blade like that on the FEL. Obviously you have good raise and lower, but I don't see the hydraulic angle. Guess you had some cold weather this past week, but now it's back to balmy.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a great set up. I'm sure you'll get it sorted out. I never saw a front blade like that on the FEL. Obviously you have good raise and lower, but I don't see the hydraulic angle. Guess you had some cold weather this past week, but now it's back to balmy.
no hyd angle at all just a pin i have to change i only push to the left or forward. so changing is not a big deal.

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
That blade looks huge and I bet it doesn't take long to get r plowed out. slkpk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chaining up the front sure would help. I am starting to think we aren't going to get any snow to plow :(

·
Registered
668 Posts
Awesome did y'all make these up or buy the part to adapt to the tractor? There are several Snow blades for sale locally and for the right price I may have to buy one and do some work to it. Nice ideas.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome did y'all make these up or buy the part to adapt to the tractor? There are several Snow blades for sale locally and for the right price I may have to buy one and do some work to it. Nice ideas.:thThumbsU

i didnt have to do a thing it was sitting at a local dealer and i made and offer i couldn't have built it for the price i bought it for.

but its a vary simple idea and it all starts with 1/2" steel plate just how was going to make mine. ill see if i have some better pics. of the back side and front of plate

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i had it with no chains. the ballest box and no chains isnt helping me out like what i have read so i am putting the back blad and chains on in the morning. really was upset how the tractor handled all the snow took way to much time.

will post pics after i get it back up and running with all the snow gear on it

·
Registered
44 Posts
On mine I bought the QA plate from E-bay then welded/braced it to an old truck plow.
I tryed to keep the plow blade as close to the loader arms as I could.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
put the chains on and the back blade what a diff it made just used it to clean up and made sure the chains didnt hit anything

i need to get a pic of how tight the chains are to hitting the tractor but i got them on tight

1 - 13 of 13 Posts