My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Got my 316 back together and started it for the first time. There seems to be an issue with the throttle. It wants to throttle up on its own. I had the governor housing off and removed the shaft to replace the bearing and seal.

I'm not sure if it would go together correctly,but is there a possibility that I put the fork on the shaft on backwards??
I sure hope that's not the problem,but I'm at ends as to what else it could be.

Greg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
If you pulled the arm off the shaft I am sure you need to do a static governor adjustment. I'll send you a PM about it :thThumbsU

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know how the governor would react if the fork is installed backwards?
It is kind of weird.
The arm doesn't seem to move at all,but the thing starts to increase in throttle.
It will sit there and idle,then raise ever so slightly in rpm,then I'll notice gas begins to squirt into the manifold and the engine r's start to take off,but the throttle butterfly didn't really move! Like I said,weird.:confused:
I really don't want to tear this thing down again if I don't have to.:banghead3

Greg

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fork was on backwards!:banghead3
Live and learn I guess.

Greg

·
Super Moderator
35,729 Posts
Glad you got it fixed! I put on a spacer to my PTO yesterday and put the tractor back together and then realized after I put the mower on I forgot to put the belly screen back on! Won't do that again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts