My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
m-ODD-r8r
2,357 Posts
:Welcome: JWE :Welcome:

Nicely done!

Keep us updated when you make more modifications.

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
Toolbox

Here's a toolbox I added to my Ford/NH 1715..It'll be great for holding extra linch pins, grease gun, a couple of wrenches.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Here's my amateur offering for those that haven't seen it before. :D

It's a 285 lb roller/ballast that cost me less than $10 in materials. Here's what I used to make it

Quickcrete
Vinyl flooring for the mold
Two 14" diameter plywood end caps from a wire spool
7/8 conduit for the axle housing,
3pt hitch spacer that came with tractor for an axle
Some rebar for concrete
Duct tape that I used to keep the edges from rounding off!

Attachments

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Haven't made yet but in the planning stages
Small dirt blade to clamp on BH Bucket.
Special mower to mow and trim along ditches.
Sand Box
Dirt screen
Man lift platform
Service ramps for bx23
15 Gal. fuel storage tank with air pump.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Lotsa good stuff been posted so far! I have a few humble entries that might give someone an idea or two.

Lawn tractor:

Cut stuff:

GT:

I have a few more, but some would require a disclaimer!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Oh, I forgot the one I happen to use the most..... :trink39:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
All cool stuff,guys! Horseman - go ahead and post the "disclaimer" stuff! It might give some of us deranged people ideas! :00000060:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Maybe this contraption should be under that stupid tractor tricks thread......

Now, this thing was pretty clever, especially the wheels under the hitch to take the load off the rear end. But this attachment was not a good idea.

Dont try this at home, a broken cable would double your fun!

A good use for this contraption (without the wheels pictured)

Wheels slide in the bottom, crane slides in the top.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Please dont leave my dangerous and misguided contraption as the last entry in this thread. Certainly someone else as some nice homemade stuff!

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
The last thing I have done is loop a bungee cord around my MMM deflector shield to hold it upright when necessary. Does that count? Didn't think so.

Here's an old project that some of the senior members have probably already seen. For those that haven't seen, here is my ballast that I made for around $10. It doubles as a small roller. I couldn't make it much larger, due to how the lift arms on the 3pt taper in toward the tractor. It's also is probably a little light per what the book says, but I'm careful with how I lift the bucket, and have never had the back end come up with heaping full loads of gravel (49" bucket).

It's made from Vinyl Flooring, 7/8 inch Conduit, Duct Tape, Two 14" Plywood Wire Spool Ends, John Deere 26" 3Pt Hitch Spacer, and 280 lbs of "Quickcrete", and rebar. With my 50lb wheel weights I have 380 lbs of ballast. The duct tape is just used to keep the integrity of the "90's" on the edges of the roller from chipping, as well as keep the vinyl form on, which also might prevent some chipping. I still have the original duct tape wrap, but it is getting pretty ragged. Time for some new tape. :bannana:

Attachments

·
9K+ Poster
12,163 Posts
I made this 3PH frame to adapt a pull behind York rake:

Cheers

JDFANATIC
JD2210

·
Super Moderator
32,059 Posts
horseman1 said:
Please dont leave my dangerous and misguided contraption as the last entry in this thread. Certainly someone else as some nice homemade stuff!

I missed this before now. Does that cable come from the rear mounted winch, and up to a pulley on top? OK, the concept is great. I like the wheels on the bottom, but man, if that cable snapps your a goner!!!! Maby a small winch on the top, or amybe some kind of a hydro cylinder? I like the concept though, but I learned a HEALTHY respect for cables under tention from my step dad when he was driving wreckers.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
JDFANATIC said:
I made this 3PH frame to adapt a pull behind York rake:
Looks like it will work great! What did you use for the tines? I'm in the process of building a cultivator and a couple other things, but it's just to dang cold out there!

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Dachshund said:
Looks like it will work great! What did you use for the tines? I'm in the process of building a cultivator and a couple other things, but it's just to dang cold out there!

:ditto: My question, too.

·
9K+ Poster
12,163 Posts
Galen & Mow,

My first Deere was a 185 and I purchased a pull-behind York rake for this. When I got my 755 with a 3PH, I made this frame and just bolted the (orange) York rake portion to it. Since then I have used it on a 425 with cat-0 pins and now the 2210 with cat-1.

Cheers

JDFANATIC
JD2210

·
Registered
939 Posts
Paul,

The cable is from the winch on the hitch and goes up to the pulley on the top. You are right on about the cable breaking. I put some loops around the cable to slow it down the cable if it were to break, but I dont believe it is enough. The crane contraption part is very much retired. Thats why I built the 3pt boom pole to replace it!

I like the roller Mow, I could use one for the driveway after I reseed the gravel :).

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Gosh.. all this stuff here looks so profesional.. I'm almost ashamed to post my rear counterweight.. it is one of those 15$ cheap/easy jobs.. loots like it too... Sure makes my 660 with FEL drive easier though..

Soundguy

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
horseman1 said:
Paul,

The cable is from the winch on the hitch and goes up to the pulley on the top. You are right on about the cable breaking. I put some loops around the cable to slow it down the cable if it were to break, but I dont believe it is enough. The crane contraption part is very much retired. Thats why I built the 3pt boom pole to replace it!

I like the roller Mow, I could use one for the driveway after I reseed the gravel :).

Sheesh, I didn't realize how old this post was, and didn't see the attachments I had posted back in April. Sorry for the redundancy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts