My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm new to this forum and have a few questions about a new purchase I made. It's a Owatonna model 217 9' haybine. It was supposed to be ready to work with no issues. I pulled into my alfalfa field to start my second cut and it wouldn't cut a thing. Guards were a little worn, but didn't seem too bad. Sections had some wear, but again not too bad. Have ordered new guards, sections and clips to convert from rivits to bolts. Was crawling around working on replacing guards etc when I noticed a large spring located under pinch rollers that is not connected at the moment. It runs across the width of the deck under the pinch rollers behind the peice of steel that is after the cutter bar. You can only see this (approx 4' long) spring from the back where the product will come out. On one side of the spring it has a threaded turnbuckle to take up slack, and on the other end of the turnbuckle it has a peice of about #60 chain going around a roller. The end of the chain is loose and not connected to anything. The other side of the haybine has the same roller for the chain to go around, but nothing is connected to the spring (ie: another turnbuckle and chain). It doesn't look like it's been connected for awhile, but I'm wondering if that's maybe my cutting problem? Can anyone shed some light for me? I'm sorry if my description is poor, but will try to properly describe if anyone has any questions.
Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts