My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have a Yanmar 2210 and I have never had any problems with it until now. The temp light keeps coming on and I dont know why. I have cleaned the rad. screen and it has plenty of coolant in it. The motor does seem to be geting hot. Please help. Why is the tractor doing this?

Thanks
Chad

·
16,830 Posts
What is the coolant level?? Is the fan belt tight?
As far as the light--maybe the sending unit that drives that is bad--do you have a guage also?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glen27,

I do not have a guage on just the temp light. The coolant level it toped off on the rad. and the resavor. I will check the fan belt.

Chad

·
Registered
586 Posts
When you run it does the coolant level remain constant or are you loosing coolant over time. Does the coolant reservoir overflow when it gets worked hard or do you see bubbles blowing in to the reservoir when the engine is running. Do you have the right mix (at most 50/50 coolant and water). Open the radiator cap (while it is cool) and start the engine. Do you see flow in the radiator while the engine is running? You can check your sensor with a meter, a pot of water and a thermometer. Heat the water on the stove, monitor the temp of the water with the thermometer and check continuity on the sensor with the meter as the temp rises. Might be simpler to just swap the sensor to eliminate this as a source of the problem.

If you are loosing coolant over time and you have to add water and coolant you have a leak somewhere.

If you're coolant reservoir is overflowing as it heats up or you see bubbles being blown into the reservoir I would think you have a head gasket problem.

If the fan belt is tight and you see flow in the radiator with the engine running then your water pump is working. (Note: I don't know if your model has a thermostat or not. Mine doesn't. If it has a thermostat you will have to wait for the engine to heat up before you will see flow in the radiator. If you have a thermostat and don't see flow I would swap the thermostat first and then check it again before messing with the water pump.)

If you get past all of these then I would flush the radiator and system. Use a radiator flush to make sure you get rid of all the crud that can build up. Check the radiator to be sure the fins aren't crushed blocking airflow. They do make combs to straighten these (Check with an AC supplier they will often have these.) If you get to this point and still haven't solved the problem you may need a new radiator.

I'm sure I've probably missed a trick or two but have no fear I'm sure the other guys on here will be along to help you shortly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts