My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
16,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been out in the yard the last couple of weekends, as much as possible--getting to chores that piled up over the winter time. Trying to get a leg up--I let the place go over the winer, aqnd I'm paying the price now--
You know how everything else gets in the way of tractor time...:fing20:

Couple weekends ago--aeriated, then weed/feed and lime....filled in several low places and graded out...(first couple pic's).

Today trimmed back the big cactus growing in the corner flower- border(should have done this back in dead of winer, when it's dormant and the spikes aren't as active)......

Hauled two loads to the big burn pile down in the woods...

Put that equipment away, and got back to repairing my little Scotts weekly mower--drive belt/pulley issues.
That'll be back in service , hopefully, tomrrow evening after work.

glenn

Attachments

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
green grass... oh how I miss thee. we just got blitzed with yet another blizzard last night. flakes the size of nickles are still coming down today too. 7 inches of the evil cold garbage all over the place up here yet. gahhhh!

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
I need a roller like that....but I don't think it would be healthy to let it rollover your foot..

·
16,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wow, that roller looks vicious. :eek: Aerate and smooth at same time :thThumbsU
I've got a mess of that cactus I need to thin out, man it's spread in the last 4-5 years, started with just a couple "ears".
Is that hostas popping through in picture by the loppers?

Yes--daggone hosta's that we put in years ago, just keep coming back...

The aerator was at my neighbor's house, lying in his yard and I saw it early one morning. By the time I got around to easing down there to ask about borrowing it--he had taken it back to a buddy of his (the REAL owner):fing20:

"OK__i'll just go borrow it back again, and bring it to you"--then he took off. An hour later --Donnie is backing his truck in my lower yard-=-and we sit it on the ground. I filled it with water--used it most of the afternoon--he picked it up the next morning, and took it back to his buddy--and never wanted a dime....:bananapow
Guess I'll have to catch his coffee one weekend up at the "local guy s hangout"

Some folks are still like that.....

BTW--my last sentance about fixing my Scott's mower hasn't been completed yet, either--but new parts are installed, and deck is cleaned/painted/greased and ready to be installed. About an hour of 'wrench -time' ought to put me mowing again....

Daggone O/T at work.....but anyway....

glenn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts