My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a very small community parade in Waterville every year. Last year I decided to start an annual plow day that coincides with the parade. I didn't really advertise this year as last year left me disappointed with no one outside my family showing any interest. So, at this point, it's a family event with two of my three brothers, a cousin and the wives and kids. We had a fun time and covered some ground. The diesel repower did good but the HT is where it's at. Plowed like an SOB! Enjoy the pictures.
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/photos/2011/jul/09/77962/
My brother in the local paper.

Looking down on the field from the top of the hill

I was out there first to set up the field

The boys plowing

My cousin driving my HT

Lots of dust!

The parade

Cool doubled up Johnny Popper

My buddy who made it all possible with the field. The bottom two are of him driving their family's '52 Ford all original.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Looks like a great parade, celebration, and an excellent showing for the Bolens'.
I looked Waterville up on Google maps, and was surprised to realize that I have passed within 10 miles of there several times on Hwy 97, on motorcycle trips Northbound where we always holed up at the campground in Winthrop overnight. Love that Outlaw pale ale they make there!

So, the HT outplowed the Diesel eh?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, the HT outplowed the Diesel eh?
I would say yes, but not because of power so much but rather the difference in traction. The HT has wider tires that are softer, have 9 gallons of liquid in each tire plus weights and a different tread pattern that puts more to the ground. I am also a fan of the Sundstrand tranny and I think with the HT's posi type rear end it gets better traction.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Looks like a fun time Justin. The thriving metropolis of Waterville probably hasn't changed much since the last time I was up that way about 15 years ago. Nice town and a lot of nice people.

Steevo: When you run up 97 next time let me know. We're just a few miles from it south of Goldendale. I'll meet you and your friends in town for coffee.

Mike

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
OK I just gotta ask............why were you plowing a field that looks like it has already been plowed and ready to plant? Was it just for fun and to stir up dust rather than actually plowing to turn the dirt over?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK I just gotta ask............why were you plowing a field that looks like it has already been plowed and ready to plant? Was it just for fun and to stir up dust rather than actually plowing to turn the dirt over?
I think you answered your own question......

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
They all look good. Nice work.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
great pics, nice looking bolens fleet :)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,191 Posts
Those are great pictures thanks for posting them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.