My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little rant here! I work security at a local camp ground, so tonite wile i was at work and the wife baby sitting my grandson at their house so it looks like nobody is home some dirty low life P.O.S. breaks into my tool shed. good thing my other daughter and her son where here. they heard the noise and called me at work and told me what was going on. then she called the police (i beet them to my house by 10 min) Goty lucky this time just a broken window. and my daughter got a good look at one of the trucks !!!! too bad for them

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Now see, if you guys didn't have to lock your guns up in MA, she could have capped the guy before he broke the window. No glass on the floor to clean up, no trial, no reports to file.

·
JD Green all the way~!
1,312 Posts
No glass on the floor to clean up, no trial, no reports to file...
and only one side of the story. :fing32: :trink39:

~F~

·
15,000 +posts!
20,416 Posts
Hmmm..must live near my area!...where a bank a day gets robbed lately,and convienience store workers need bullet proof vests,they get robbed at gunpoint so often..I would not want to work as a cashier or bank teller or at a gas station here,no thanks..

The corner store near me has been robbed twice this year already..(and cops told the clerk since her surveillance camera was not "on",they couldn't arrest the suspect,despite knowing who it was,and finding stolen merchandise on his person and the clothes he supposedly was wearing during the robbery--the clerk kNEW the theif,had even "cuffed" him packs of ciggarretts and food in the past,lived right down the street!..since they had no "video" evidence,they said it was her word VS the robbers,so they said no sense in arresting him,it would just get thrown out of court!..nice,huh?..no rights for the victims..

I've been lucky so far,our neighborhood is fairly "safe" and doesn't have much crine--yet!..but I know anyday I might be next on the list of people victimized by theiving herion and crack addicts,looking for anything they can steal to buy dope with..many of them come here from the larger cities nearby,knowing "small town" police forces cant be everywhere at once,and the many highways with easy access makes for a fast and successful getaway more often than not..but probably just as many live around here too..It's gotten much worse since the unemployment rate went up..

It's pretty bad when they'll break into a shed or garage,having something left outside be stolen or vandalized is one thing,breaking and entering is another!..I've read about some brazen crooks doing home invasions too..especially to elderly people they know live alone or are helpless against them..as far as I'm concerned scumbags like them should be shot--no trial,no jury..just SHOT!..

·
Registered
180 Posts
A very harsh code of law that favors the law-abiding over law-breakers is really a merciful, and much needed thing.

Only a few criminals have to die in the act, and only a few need break rocks in the hot sun, and then that segment of society decides they no longer want to do what they been doing. The pain and suffering of the few corrects the many. That's the most merciful way.

So here's praise for Draco the Athenian and to Hammurabi. Bring back harsh, intolerable PUNISHMENT with pain and bleeding blisters; forget rehabilitation.

The decisions of the SCOTUS? Forgeddabout those tyrants.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
There should be public hangings of drug dealers, proplem solved. My Son works in Singapore, get caught spitting in the street and see what happens.

Dan

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I fully believe there should be year round open season on thieves, catch em-shoot em. I keep my pistol loaded unless company is coming over with small kids, then it gets unloaded and locked up. I was working late in the shop one night, hot outside so I left the back door partially open, a guy started to come in , wouldn't state what he wanted or who he was, he stopped when I pulled the pistol from under a rag on my toolbox, never said another word, he left quick!

·
Premium Member
9,601 Posts
You know, I said I wasn't going to get into this but ok, let the flaming begin! So you people really think someone should be shot and killed for trying to steal a lawn mower?

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
You know, I said I wasn't going to get into this but ok, let the flaming begin! So you people really think someone should be shot and killed for trying to steal a lawn mower?
These were my thoughts, initially. But do the "what if's". What if he would've confronted the person that broke in? If someone has enough to balls to break in they've probably got enough in them to pull a knife or a gun if they're confronted. Most of the time they run, but a lot of times, they don't. What if this person would've broke into the house?

I think gun owners at times are seen as being trigger happy or paranoid, but if this person would've broke in and had a gun or a knife and would've pulled it on someone, I bet those that are "tight" on guns laws would be wishing that had one to protect themselves in a situation like this.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
So you people really think someone should be shot and killed for trying to steal a lawn mower?
...they get robbed at gunpoint
...and cops told the clerk since her surveillance camera was not "on",they couldn't arrest the suspect...
Perhaps you're taking words out of context. WRT my words, if they choose to live by the sword, they can die by the sword.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I don't believe it's so much the mower as the act itself. If they are stealing from you then they are stealing from someone else. As time goes on they believe they are unstoppable, and they start looking at bigger and better things and thats when people start getting hurt. Mainly the owners. We had some kids around this area breaking into peoples houses while they were asleep and taking stuff. Pretty brave for these parts but people started holding guns closer to the bed! So if anyone comes onto my ground with a weapon with the intent to steal or harm anything he too will be looking down the barrel of a gun no doubt about it!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,601 Posts
These were my thoughts, initially. But do the "what if's". What if he would've confronted the person that broke in? If someone has enough to balls to break in they've probably got enough in them to pull a knife or a gun if they're confronted. Most of the time they run, but a lot of times, they don't. What if this person would've broke into the house?

I think gun owners at times are seen as being trigger happy or paranoid, but if this person would've broke in and had a gun or a knife and would've pulled it on someone, I bet those that are "tight" on guns laws would be wishing that had one to protect themselves in a situation like this.
I have no problem with personal protection. If you, a family member or a stranger in the street is in danger, do what you have to.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I truely hope and pray I never have the need to shoot my pistol at someone, but if a person breaks in another man's property he's the one in the wrong, not the man protecting his property. My pistol is for protection of me and mine. With drugs and gangs getting worse every day I want that protection, twice I know that if I hadn't have had the pistol I'd have been at least robbed if not worse. Thankfully just the sight of the pistol stopped it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The problem many face is that if a piece of equiptment gets stolen by the time they can get it replaced. They could be out of food, meds and trying to explain to a bank or landlord why they shouldnt be tossed out on to the street. I make my living with my mower and I don't have enough customers yet to do more than cover ther basics. If someone stole my mower I'm up the creek. I am already living on ramen noodles and rice. So yes geting killed JUST for stealing is a very good idea.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
A dead theif means less of my tax money to house them. A shot dead theif in your hous or garage will make the evening news and that in it self is a deterant.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
If someone is messing with my property or me I will give fair warning before I shoot. We have laws in Texas that protect the home owner not the criminal.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts