My Tractor Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
I meant to type "hind" sight.

Archie McCardell was in charge of IH during the UAW strike of November 1979 Not Brooks MCCormick. He was already retired Before the strike which was from November 79 to May 1980. So the MCCormicks are not the killer of the scout Maybe that mini van vehical But not the scout.
Archie McCardell was appointed president and chief operating officer of International Harvester in August 1977 and named chief executive officer in January 1978 & CEO 1979
Archie McCardell Fired 11000 mid and Upper managers McCardell's actions stripped the company of nearly all its experienced labor negotiators. McCardell had little labor relations experience

thanks sarge for the history....i am sure brooks killed off the minivan scout concept in the mid 70's though...oh well..lots of blame to go around at IH..my dad worked heavily with IH engineering dept (AG) in the mid 70's..stuff that went on was just stupid....

ps: IH did a lot right too...they just let is slip away

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.