My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an ORC at TSC yesterday. It looks easy enough to put on except for one thing thats confusing me. The instrucktions say to take off the grease zerks, line up the holes and install the "spring pin". Now, I looked all over at TSC for a spring pin but could not find it. Right above where the ORCs were on display were some roll pins. Is the roll pin what I should be using? I got the smallest one they had that looked like it would fit. Can anyone tell me if I got the right thing? Thanks and Merry Christmas!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yes, the roll pin is what you need. Make sure you get one that is the right size. It should have come with one. I find many items at TSC that are missing the small parts. I don't know why. Merry Christmas back at you!

Red

·
Banned
587 Posts
A roll pin is the correct way to go here. Besides, it has to be the perfect one to fit tightly and put the grease zerk's back in. I'm afraid you are in the category as all others that find the roll pins missing. It seems these "off shore" firms that make the ORC tape the pin to the ORC, and one or more individual comes by and swipes them.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Yes, your roll/spring pin should have come with the ORC. I hope you measured your shaft because there are a couple of sizes. No sence to make two trips with the price of gas.

Kirk

·
Registered
242 Posts
When you do get the correct roll pin, it has to be driven in to the same depth on both sides. It needs to be clear of the outer collar on both sides to let the ORC spin freely.

If you have an actual TSC store where you purchased it, I'd go back there and tell them it came with no roll pin. They should take one out of another ORC and give it to you.

Or at least you can get the correct size you need from another ORC that has the roll pin.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank yall for the replies. I got the correct shaft size so I just need to go to TSC and get them to get me another one from a diffferent ORC. Thanks again for the info!

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
5/16 x 2 is the size of the roll pin if my memory serves me correctly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.