My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use this?Rustoleum Allis Chalmers orange. I've used thier JD green and yellow and it's a good match. Now I need some for a little touch up on my Simp.

LINK to Rustoleum

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
Whoops.

How do you spell SIMPLICITY. Please note, it is not spelled "allis-chalmers"

Your tractor is a different colour. More reddish. AC Orange is very Orange.

edit = I have one of each, and they are NOT the same.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I gave up. Really. Everything I've ever tried was too red, to orange, too white, too yellow, just faded. Add to this my certainty that Simplicity changed the shade over the years. Your Broadmoore is more red than the older stuff. Rims used to be ivory, yours kinda look gray. That Rustoleum Allis Chalmers orange looks the same shade as straight rustoleum orange for probably twice the price. I have successfully matched the black... I just finished painting my sovereign with rustoleum orange. You can see it right here under"3416H gets Facelift"

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
I am surprised you used the rustoleum orange - sometimes the name, if it is AC Orange you used, is not an accurate description of the colour. This is not an easy thing to work out; but others have found what works for them. It would be good to hear some others' experiences on this as well.

Another member, told me he uses DuplicColor "Chevy Engine Red" - but there are 2 of them, with different numbers on the spray bombs; and one is a good match for Simplicity, and the other for AC. I will try to locate that thread.

What larry said about the differing simp colours, I have heard other say also.

Also, there are stories of paint wet looks different to paint dry - and paint cured, days later. Also reactions to sunlight. (It gets crazy fast).

I have not done any painting; and probably won't for a while since I will be romping in my forest doing rough work. My paint has a zillion scratches already. After i got it, I removed some scratches that were dried on dirt, gunge, etc. I will have to degrease if I ever paint since my tractor has been 'cleaned' with wd40 and also trans fluid in some places. I was told if I ever start touchup, I will end up painting the whole thing. :rolleyes: I can see that happening.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, I see in the manual a PN for "Deep orange" spray paint: 1685611
Also lists white as PN 103049. I am going to check to see if these are available at local dealer. Or may have to order them.

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
What you need to do is get some Jane Deere orange. And paint the whole thing. Than you will be cool. :sidelaugh

·
Denis
38 Posts
I used Dupli-Color DE1607 (Chevrolet Orange-Red) and was happy with the result. Side by side with the original (I've got two Simplicities) it might be a bit redder, but the original also has 35 years of fading on her too so I'm not too picky.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It will cost more but go to your dealer for touch up paint. If I remember correctly Simplicity used several different shades of orange over the years. The older ones were a deeper orange and the one like your broadmoor is a more of a redder orange. I am not sure how many different configurations they used though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It will cost more but go to your dealer for touch up paint. If I remember correctly Simplicity used several different shades of orange over the years. The older ones were a deeper orange and the one like your broadmoor is a more of a redder orange. I am not sure how many different configurations they used though.
The dealer only can get paint to match the 80's and up tractors. The older Simplicities just won't match.

Unfortunatly, Simplicity had numerous color schemes over the years and there is no "one can fits all" color.

If you find a shade you like, go with it. It is your tractor!. If you want it to match go to an old auto body place and they will most likely mix you up some for cheap. The chain auto shops usually won't do it because there isn't a "computer code" for paint sale... Look for the shop that doesn't have a computer. They do still exist!

Here are some general color formulas.

For Products Built from 1929 through 1960
"Persian Orange" (Usually called Persian Orange#1)
--PPG DAR60080
--Martin Senour 99L-3723
--TISCO TP280
--DuPont DULUX 008DH
"Cream"
--Paint Codes Unknown

For Products Built from 1961 through 1976
"Persian Orange" (Usually called Persian Orange#2)
--PPG DAR60396
--DuPont 29047
"Allis Chalmers Cream"
--DuPont 29049
--TISCO TP270

The following are still available from Simplicity. I have listed the Simplicity Quart part numbers:

For 1977 thru Early Model Year 1985 Products
"Simplicity Orange 1685037 >>>superceded 1685591SM
"White" 1685032

For Products Built 12/1/85 thru 7/1/88.
"Classic Orange" 1685560
"White" 1685032

For Products Built 7/1/88 thru 8/1/89.
"Powder Orange" 1685591
"White" 1685032

For Products Built After 8/1/89.
"Deep Orange" 1685612
"White" 1685032

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, thanks for the info, should be a sticky on this forum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts