My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We often hear the term "Tractor split in half" !
Thought you might like to see exactly what that means (some may not know) It was just seperated so it is a bit messy but I would be too if I had just been split in half!! and Mods move to wherver or delete as you see fit as I don't see a place for this!

PS You play the slide show just like a VCR!!

Pics Of a Split Tractor!!

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Looks like a good place to have it to me. Thanks for the pictures always nice to see how things go together. :fing32:

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Argee said:
Oh yeah...is that your tractor?? I thought you had a Kubota.
The fellow that owns that tractor has the most magnificent ranch one can ever imagine!! And the most treacherous 3 mile entry into his place you would or could ever imagine and on top of that the first time I had the "pleasure to go there" to retrieve the "Beast" I thought I had gone to **** and returned twice to stay!! Another story for someday!

Actually Argee a little gasket deep in the transmission blew which caused the hyd sensor to send duel signals to a hyd valve to open two ports which engaged 3rd and 4th speed settings simultaneously!!

As in an auto xmsn. it was like powering 3rd and OD at the same time, will show pics of the internal gear mess if anyone is interested!!

All new big high dollar tractors are being powered by an automatic array of electronics ... Reliability is not the same as us old guys are used to but when it works the PERFORMANCE is terrific!!

GG! Let me end this story before someone shoots me! I haven't had this much fun as well as education since Hector and I were Pups!! My 3rd visit to the owners place with his Prize loaded on my trailer and exiting the aforementioned road cost that pretty little Dodge truck a new clutch just to get it to blacktop!! sigh! Yes I have a Kubota 3 in fact and no that is not my Tractor but I am now intimately acquainted whit Her Majesty !!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have split a few in my time, and the worst ones are the tri-cycle types, they just always want to flop over once that wide rear final drive is rolled back! :fing20:

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chipmaker said:
I have split a few in my time, and the worst ones are the tri-cycle types, they just always want to flop over once that wide rear final drive is rolled back! :fing20:
I've split one or two in my time also Chip but this Flop over thing is getting to be annoying even after I cautioned her about rolling back that wide rear finial drive!! ROF

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
Ingersoll444 said:
I got one split right now in my Geee roge Granted nowere near as complacted at that one.
:00000060: They all get complicated after you misplace a few parts :00000060:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I used to fool with a lot of international tractors, mainly the 140 / 200's. Super C's, Ms, H's etc, all with tricycle gear. I had a stand I made up that bolted to the front end to hold it upright and stop that flip flopping syndrome......Then along came my spread axle tractors, so now I have a series of wedges that I place between front axle and front frame /engine section that keeps it from leaning. I also made a dolly with swivel casters (6" diam) that has a pad to support a hydraulic bottle jack and blocks. Makes life a lot easier to be able to support and manuver the halves and maintain somewhat a resemblence of alignment between the two. I used to use a floor jack for the rear section, but I always wound up need to use it for something while the tractor was spit and being helo up with the floor jack, so a dolly was in order.

Sure is a lot easier to spit the old tractors than these newer model ones, with all the wiring harnesses and hard plumbed hydraulic lines................

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"I've split one or two in my time also Chip but this Flop over thing is getting to be annoying even after I cautioned her about rolling back that wide rear finial drive!! "

Apparently tongue in cheek humor has taken a holiday!! :fing20:

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
Archdean said:
Actually Argee a little gasket deep in the transmission blew which caused the hyd sensor to send duel signals to a hyd valve to open two ports which engaged 3rd and 4th speed settings simultaneously!!

All new big high dollar tractors are being powered by an automatic array of electronics ... Reliability is not the same as us old guys are used to but when it works the PERFORMANCE is terrific!!
Kinda scary to think a little gasket created the problem. Give me the old mechanical shifter anyday.

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
Archdean said:
As in an auto xmsn. it was like powering 3rd and OD at the same time, will show pics of the internal gear mess if anyone is interested!!
I'd be interested in seeing that :fing02:

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,597 Posts
Autos are nice to drive, but like Paul said, gear drives are just easier for me to understand. They're more fun, too IMO! :fing32:

Greg

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Argee said:
I'd be interested in seeing that :fing02:
Argee, I will do my best to put it in an interesting format next week!

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Been to three county fairs and seen a monkey ride an elephant, but I ain't never seen nothing like that :bonk:

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jim_WV said:
Been to three county fairs and seen a monkey ride an elephant, but I ain't never seen nothing like that :bonk:
Please amplify your point so that I may understand and consequently respond to your post in a like manner!

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Archdean, it was just an expression of amazement. People around these parts sometimes say that to exemplify something that is extra-ordinary, like a tractor breaking in half is simply not an everyday occurance. Sorry I should have clarified not knowing everyone would understand.

Take care :)
Jim

1 - 20 of 21 Posts