My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Husqvarna garden tractor and am looking to get either a pull behind box blade or a front blade attachment. Am looking to do some simple leveling on my property and am looking for opinions if anyone has experience with either of these items as to which they prefer I would enjoy reading about it. Or, is it that each could have their own uses and just depends on the project? Any suggestions would be helpful. Has anyone used a front load bucket with he smaller garden tractors? Don't suppose you could put alot in the bucket at any one time. Is it real hard to use the lever to lift it?

·
Registered
161 Posts
opinions are hard to give in ths instance, if you are looking to do grading work, both will do the job. rear box blade will give a better finish (leveling etc) front blade will allow you to move larger amounts at a time, you can always "back drag" to level and finish.
Not knowing what machine you have, limits suggestions for front buckets, Johnny Bucket or Johnny Bucket Jr would both be good choices. There are weight limitations for both, so research prior to purchase. Good luck, as always-pictures, pictures, pictures.
Roosamaster

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
opinions are hard to give in ths instance, if you are looking to do grading work, both will do the job. rear box blade will give a better finish (leveling etc) front blade will allow you to move larger amounts at a time, you can always "back drag" to level and finish.
Not knowing what machine you have, limits suggestions for front buckets, Johnny Bucket or Johnny Bucket Jr would both be good choices. There are weight limitations for both, so research prior to purchase. Good luck, as always-pictures, pictures, pictures.
Roosamaster
I agree, and we really need to know what Model Husq you got? :trink40:

·
'Simple' MTF Member
4,453 Posts
For moving soil, I think you'd be better off with a boxblade...easier to use, and a better finish. I probably wouldn't consider buying a dozer without powerlift for specific dirt chores. I have them, so I use them, but they bite hard, and your arm will be sore in no time.

They are rough on a frame as well...that dozer can get away from you quickly, and stop you in your tracks even faster. It will happen over and over during the course of a project, where as the box wont, and it's much easier on the arm when you're not getting snagged up all the time. They are also far better at getting that smooth, leveled finish that only lots of practice with back-blading on a dozer will get you.

I only had dozers for years, and picked up a nice heavy boxblade at my loacal auction this summer. I used it to even things out after exanding my garden last week. WOW...easy. I'd still be out there fighting a dozer, and I have a hydraulic lift. Sure could have enjoyed the machine more if I had one sooner...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about that, abit early to think. I have a Husqvarna GTH26K54T, sorry no pictures. I have close to a 5 acre lot, not all usable. Just want to keep up on smaller projects here. Regarding the attachments (including the buckets) do you have good suggestions where to purchase them? Is the hydraulic lift an after market attachment? I'll take suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts