My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Congrats on the X350- you'll love it. The 350 turns much tighter than your old 178 and mows like a dream . Do you mind us asking what you paid for it? And dont forget once it get delivered we want pictures !!!!!

As for selling your LX 178-- you can ask 1,000 and it might go. But you might hold it for awhile. I'd ask 600 bucks and take 1st decent offer over 400 bucks and be done with it
Not at all, $3442.95 including taxes and an installed mulching kit. And of course the John Deere/Sydenstricker hat!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
What? :swow: I’ve bought five tractors and not a single hat! I guess that goes with buying all used. Oh well, I never wear a hat anyway. ENJOY YOURS.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I just returned home from the dealer and I purchased a X350. The X330 was more in my price range but I wanted the Kawasaki engine so I went with the X350. I also got the Manuel mulching kit installed. They didn't seem to be interested in my trade in, telling me by the time they pay the service department to service it, and the salesman to sell it they wouldn't make much on it. So they gave me a really low trade amount and I decided I will clean it up, put a new drag arm on and sell it myself. Is there someplace I can find out how much it would be worth? I told him that I saw them for sale for anywhere from $500.00 to $1400.00 and his reply was, "but did they sell them at that price?" He said I should ask $500.00 and take the first $400.00 that someone offers. Thoughts?
Where in Missouri are you? If you're half close to me I may be interested in your used unit, as is even! Send me a message or something and we can chat. :rauch10:

·
Banker / hobby farmer
620 Posts
Cub Cadet didn't give me a hat either; they did give me a "Cub Cadet" insulated go-cup though.....
Just try getting into buying corn and soybean seed, you will end up with hats, mugs, pens, note pads, carhart coats, tons of stuff. They love handing out the goodies. But at $300+ for a bag of corn and $70+ for a bag of beans, you better be getting something!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
just try getting into buying corn and soybean seed, you will end up with hats, mugs, pens, note pads, carhart coats, tons of stuff. They love handing out the goodies. But at $300+ for a bag of corn and $70+ for a bag of beans, you better be getting something!
ouch!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Before you buy the drag link ball-joint from JD, check the sizes of the parts.
McMaster-Carr has a wide selection of threaded ball-joints, and may have just what you need.

The one for my GX345 was something like $28 from JD
McM had the same exact part for $5.53

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The X350 arrived today. Wow, what a difference between the old and new. So comfortable to set on, still a little wet here so I will give her a try Saturday. The old one sometimes took a little cranking to get her to start but for the past couple of days it has started right up. I know it doesn't hurt to upgrade but the old one has served me well, a lot of winters pushing snow and spring, summer and fall cutting my grass. I hope the new one lasts as long as the old one has, it's off to a new home Monday!

Attachments

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,818 Posts
The X350 arrived today. Wow, what a difference between the old and new. So comfortable to set on, still a little wet here so I will give her a try Saturday. The old one sometimes took a little cranking to get her to start but for the past couple of days it has started right up. I know it doesn't hurt to upgrade but the old one has served me well, a lot of winters pushing snow and spring, summer and fall cutting my grass. I hope the new one lasts as long as the old one has, it's off to a new home Monday!
Nice and hope you enjoy it.
The LX is a little jealous and mad at you for getting rid of it, that's why it's starting so easy.:tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well since I purchased my X350 I have cut the grass 4 times with it and it runs and drives like a dream. I have absolutely no complaints about it, but for the past few days I am questioning my choice of it. I keep reading about the K46 tranny and all the problems associated with it. I keep reading how it's not built for slopes, I even read where it should not be used on slopes of 7 degrees or more. My wife says I worry too much and this maybe one of those times but I did buy this mower to last, hopefully 10 years or more. I take care of my stuff and the JD gets the grass blown off after every cut. Also the slopes I do have I cut across, not up and down. I know this issue has been brought up before here, using the search feature I have read all the previous comments about the K46. Here are the pics of the "slopes" in my yard. Please tell me I am freaking out over nothing.

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,536 Posts
Please tell me I am freaking out over nothing.

You are freaking out over nothing.

You are hearing complaints mostly because when someone doesn't like something, they complasin. You rarely hear when someone has something good to say about something.
Granted, your tractors trans may be weaker than some, but I see nothing in your pics that I think woupd put undo strain on it. I have mowed my acre with a cheapo JD for the past 11 years, I think its a 1993. My ground is hillier than yours.

Just sayin'

Attachments

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Don’t worry about it Wornslick- looking at your pictures, I predict another 21 years of happy mowing. You did well!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Don’t worry about it Wornslick- looking at your pictures, I predict another 21 years of happy mowing. You did well!!
Thanks UpstateTony, I certainly hope so. I have the 4 year warranty so no worries. Also after hearing about the earlier problems with the K46 I would think that Tuff-Torque would fix the problem. I am going to use and enjoy the John Deere X350 for what I bought it for, cutting grass!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I went to the dealer last Tuesday and told him I didn't like the fact that the K46 would not allow me to service the tranny. He explained to me that they sold a lot of the X350's but that didn't make me feel any better. They are going to deliver the X370 next Tuesday. I know it's not a major upgrade in trannies but it's the most I want to spend. I know I'm nuts! LOL

21 - 36 of 36 Posts