My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Ford- Found on road drifting.
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I recently got into lawn mower restoring and I have my mind set on a Ford to restore any opinions on what model? I like them all I can't decide which one would be the best I would like to use it for mowing lawn and tractor shows, plowing snow.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
You should look around locally and see what is avaible for sale to start with. My personal favorites are the Jake built open sided LGT series but any of the older Fords are nice.

015.jpg

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes me too

·
Registered
93 Posts
A diesel lgt series are the best fords they ever made, I've owned each generation of lgt from open sided to closed. I've owned lt and yts. And out of them all the lgt14d or 16d are the best for operating, performance, reliability and value. They hold value better than alot of Deeres especially a nice one. But they are uncommon in most areas. The gt75,85,95,65 are almost identical mechanically but I prefer the tractor look of the Lgts more.
And if you find one with a 3 point hitch grab it asap they are extremely hard to find.
This is my personal opinion but many others would agree. The early jacobsen are okay, kinda an old battlaxe and are heavy built but not like the newer diesels.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Or an lgt195, big big super garden tractors. Extremely well built they are very similar to a jd 400 which is another awsome tractor.sadly they are even harder to find than a diesel

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or an lgt195, big big super garden tractors. Extremely well built they are very similar to a jd 400 which is another awsome tractor.sadly they are even harder to find than a diesel
Yea the 195's are nice and they are rare

1 - 7 of 7 Posts