My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to grease one of the rear height adjusters on my Toro and broke the zerk fitting off :banghead3 At least I broke it off AFTER I greased it!

Will it be okay to use in the meantime, until I can get another adjuster? I'll find something to plug-up where the zerk was.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Bryan Was it a drive-in zerk or was it threaded?

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
I was trying to grease one of the rear height adjusters on my Toro and broke the zerk fitting off :banghead3 At least I broke it off AFTER I greased it!

Will it be okay to use in the meantime, until I can get another adjuster? I'll find something to plug-up where the zerk was.
ive had that fear,when my grease gun locks on to it theres almost no way of getting it to let go.

·
Registered
124 Posts
lol all you need is as good violent pull lmao

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what happened to me, my grease gun locked on and wouldn't let go! I'm not sure whether its a drive-in one or screw-in. I think its a drive-in, because the base of it isn't hex shaped, like most of the screw-in ones I've seen.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
You may be able to get it out and save a little money by changing just the zerk.

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
An easy-out should work if it's threaded. If all else fails, a new adjuster is only $15.00

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
drill out the old body&tap for a thd, zerk

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I would either drill out and retap as stated above, or look for a used piece that you can use, or buy new, or leave it alone and take apart and grease. I'm not sure if you will be able to get the grease in all the right places by taking it apart. Good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts