My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I drained the oil out of my Robin Subaru generator,and only 12oz came out.This cant be good.Realize,machine is not level,and its always outdoors being moved around.I put 12oz back in it,leveled the machine.The oil level was between the marks, with dipstick screwed in. 8 more oz made it full.Ran it for a few minutes,no smoke,but still worried I did damage.I rarely change the oil in this motor.(15/40wt)

Attachments

·
2,814 Posts
If the oil that you got out was fairly decent, albeit of somewhat diminished quantity... you should be fine. There's a lot worse than 'between the marks'.

Why are we not checking at each start up? :tango_face_glasses:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kubota Ronin,i probably used it for 2-3 hrs like this last year during power outages to charge back-up 12volt system.Anything else I have, with a motor,is not so critical to have level,like this generator. I guess,cause it only holds 20oz,it always read full,during the power outages.

·
2,814 Posts
Pfffft... that's easy to get away with. As long as it's on the stick, and for that short time. The Robin engines are very robust and a popular sight on this side on all kinds of equipment.

As long as it didn't come out in chunks I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Except maybe to check a little more often. :trink39:

·
2,814 Posts
Normal, for seven years...? :D Ehh... probably not too far out of the normal for some o' the OldFerts around here. If they couldn't take it they wouldn't be so popular.

Personally I'd try to cut that by 1/2 or so... outside machine so make sure there's not water getting in. That'll kill it fast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts