1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who has dealt wih who;
small engine warehouse? (Indiana) Have not ever bought from
"brand new engines"... never either
Tulsa engine warehouse bought from twice; I don't like their new "online only" format I'd rathet talk to someone live via phone.
Pats small engine parts; I'm about to, prices comparable, seems lower than TEW on some things; I havd to E mail them for a ph number so I could talk to them; another online only BS;
any good/bad/ugly?

·
Master Service Technician
748 Posts
Ill get u parts from my dealership at great prices! John Deere, Brigggs and Stratton, Simplicity, Scag, Kohler, Kawasaki, etc... send me a PM

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I've ordered from Jacks Small engines before without trouble. Shipping was kind of high (8.00 for two axle seals), but it got here and was the right part.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
none of the machines I currently need parts for are Sears machines; I dont have an XXX.YYYYY format model number for either B&S engine I have or the Ransomes/Bobcat walkbehind mower (not that Sears ever sold them)
and I remember from my days of working for Sears they don't sell ANYTHING at less than retail. (which defeats the puropse of my looking online)
DTLMG; thanks; I'll see about that PM; once I get that 289707 Briggs back from the machine shop and make totally sure of everything I need; I don't wanna pay shipping twice.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I've dealt with Messick's, a site supporter here for Woods mower & Cub Cadet RZT mower parts. Fair prices & a REAL PARTS PERSON available to answer questions. Used Jack's & Lawnmower Pros & got hung out to dry on back orders at both.

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
I've ordered from Jacks Small engines before without trouble. Shipping was kind of high (8.00 for two axle seals), but it got here and was the right part.
They stiffed me on 3 blades, called got no where with them. I had ordered a new motor about a week later while waiting for the blades.

Got a phone call from them, women said my credit card info would not go through, because of the zip code I entered wasn't the same. I said it`s a good card try it again, no I`ve done it twice already. She wanted another credit card number, asked her didn't they call the credit card company, most business do that with an error like that to verify and get it corrected. I had moved about 4 or 5 years before.

No she said we don`t do that you have to. What good is it if I do it, I`ll get the same info I sent you, and you`ll never correct my info.. She says another card number, I can tell she`s getting irritated, she asks once more. I said that is the only card number I use, so can I speak with your supervisor, no she`ll tell you the same thing. I need another number or I`ll cancel your order, I said I guess we are done then, she hung up.

I called my card company and my info was correct, I explained why I called and he told me we have business call all the time to verify card info. if it doesn't come up right. she should have called. She just cost her company a big sale.

On my next credit card statement the charges for the blades were there. It was the same card I used to order the new motor with? I told them I called and got nowhere with Jacks small engines the credit card company told me they would look into the charges and take care of it and I should see it reflected in my next statement. My account was credit for the price of the blades on the next one. I was glad the price of the motor never showed.

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
OK; now opinions on aftermarket parts suppliers vs OEM?
Are you high jacking your own thread, this should be another post your changing the topic.:Stop:

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wound up ordering from Pats because they were like 1/2 the cost on that variable speed clutch pulley; and the same price for new as a few Ebay sellers want for "used" on the deck drive pulley. they were the same (or lower) on everything else I needed vs TEW; but for each piece they wanted PN and price; (they dont know their own price?) I guess it depends on where you get a quote from I guess they advertise different prices at different places; and I don't get into paying shipping twice or more, by ordering "this" from source A and "that" from Source B, etc; so we'll see... the woman told me "about a week";

·
Jack of All Trades
1,337 Posts
Jacks is ok but like others, the back-orders have killed me sometimes, and the shipping is a little steep at times. Almost everyone is going to a UPS or Fed-Ex only option, no longer using the good old USPS which can be a LOT cheaper, especially if you only need a couple of $3 governor springs. I don't have to worry about that anymore as my wholesalers offer $8 shipping, free if over $100 order and it all comes next day delivery. As far as aftermarket, if I need a dimension critical part such as a piston, rings, cam etc. I always go OEM. Most other parts you are safe with aftermarket, and a lot of times the aftermarket stuff is made by the same factory as OEM. A while back I ordered a electric PTO clutch for a Craftsman. Stens was a LOT cheaper than Sears or others, i expected to get a no name or foreign part, but it turned out to be a Warner, same as I would of got from Sears!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts