My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got some new wheels and got the 26x12x12 ags mounted but now the front wheels are too dang small for the front tires.I went with 18x850x8 and Im having the same problem with the wheels being too narrow for the tires.So I want to change front spindles to 1".On a 1200 what spindles will fit the stock front axle that have 1" spindles.This will allow me to run the wide front wheels and tires.Man those rear wheels and tires sure look good but the little front ones just kill it.Good grief I sometimes wish I would have just left well enough alone but I know when Im done I will have the look that I want.Im in over my head on this and I could sure use some help with this one.Many thanks!!!:dunno:

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
I also think that the 82 series had 1" spindles as well. You might want to look for a set of rims off of a CC Super GT like a 982. I believe they had the 18=8.50 -8s on them.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,I found a set of spindles off of a 782 and he has a set of wheels and tires that Im also getting from him.I dont need the tires but they come with it and who can turn down spare parts.I have made some mistakes along the way with this,but I have a 106 that Im going to do next so it will all work out in the end.I cant wait to get this done cause I have been getting parts slowly for the 106 and am getting close to having what I need to get that started.I found a NOS dash and dash cover for it this weekend cant wait to get that in!!!

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
:wwp::wwp::wwp:All this Bla Bla Bla and we can not see what you are talking about. :sorry1:

·
MTF & OCC Poster
57 Posts
:wwp::wwp::wwp:All this Bla Bla Bla and we can not see what you are talking about. :sorry1:
I'm with ya, there, Orange J D!:dunno:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man I didn't know when but I knew someone was gonna get me for all the conversation and no pics.But I didn't want to post any of her in the condition she's in.She just looks terrible with those silly little front tires.I drive a truck so my home time is very limited but when I get the 1" spindles wheels and tires on her Im gonna post some pics of her.Along with a few of her closest friends.Man what we go thru just to get an old lawn mower looking good but I wouldn't change a thing,I love doing it!!!!!!!:sorry1:

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
We understand man, whenever you get around to it, we're junkies for the pics, even if they aren't perfect.

Some of the most interesting pics, in my opinion, are indeed the ones that show not just the finished product, but the PROCESS. I think it's good to get some sense of context, it adds to the splendor of the finished modification.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea Jsoluna,my parts are sitting on the back porch but I chose to stay out for another week to earn a few more bucks.When I do make it home though,gonna get them sanded and painted and maybe even installed.Ill get some pics then and post them.I am actually thinking of maybe even installng a spare 16 hp kohler that I have into it.The motor is in a JD 300 but Im not sure of what all mods it would take to do that.If I do that then I want to get a new dash decal that says 1600.Where will it stop,dang if I know!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts