My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several years ago I was going to move and my wife said our new home (one prior to this) was too smal for the JD aerartor .

It was a beautiful thing. You filled the drum up with water and it had pretty good long spikes that stuck out of it and pulled some good plugs. Spike could be around 3" to 4" if I remember correctly.

I've never seen them on sale anywhere since. Current aerators look lame in comparison.

I kick myself for giviing it waway. I sure could use it now.

:greendr:

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
All I can suggest is keeping an eye on Ebay and the classifieds here and at Weekend Freedom Machines' site. Was it a Deere branded tool, or made by an aftermarket company? I ask, because Deere has had associations with many aftermarket suppliers of attachments over the years.

·
Registered
641 Posts
NEVER let your wife dictate anything about your tools!

i know how you feel, mine has talked me into getting rid of stuff before and shortly afterwards i really regretted it!
I got you both beat. I had a 07 X304. Went and move to PA, the yard was small - most of it was woods. We sold the Deere before we loaded the moving truck.

Closed on the house, discovered drainage problems in the yard. Builder clears most of the woods to install french drains. Hydroseeds everything. 1 year later I'm sitting on a Snapper RER w/ 28" deck for 2 hours puttering around my newfound yard.

Waiting for delivery on my X320 w/ 42" mulch deck. Would have bought another X304 but they gimped the tranny. Has that for a kick in the arse?

I still have heartburn. At least the person I sold my X304 to didn't need the 10S cart I threw in - I'm getting that back gratis.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All I can suggest is keeping an eye on Ebay and the classifieds here and at Weekend Freedom Machines' site. Was it a Deere branded tool, or made by an aftermarket company? I ask, because Deere has had associations with many aftermarket suppliers of attachments over the years.
It was a John Deal deal I bought from a dealer in Alton, Illinois, new. Never saw it again on eBay or elsewhere:banghead3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts