My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am in the process of rebuilding my carburator and fuel pump. (Thanks for the pump kit Brian H.) The carb is completed and went pretty easy. I have a question about the pump.

When I disassembled the diaphragm, it was a simple twist and it and the spring popped out. I assumed that replacing it with the new parts would be just as simple. I'm not having much luck putting it back together though, and I don't want to rip the rubber diaphragm by muscling it too much. Am I missing something stupid? I've never done one of these before, but I don't think I'm too far over my head, yet...

Any guidance is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
asgco.
if you do not have a manual ava. you can join the yahoo onan site.
in the files they have nhc, and ccka service manuals.
i looked at the nhc one and it covers your fuel pump.
good luck boomer

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mission accomplished!
I figured it out by trial and error. I removed the actuator arm(?) to replace the small spring for it. Then, I inserted the diaphragm shaft, twisted it in place and the reinstalled the arm and spring. It was pretty easy to do, I had just never done it before.

Thanks for the heads up Boomer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some one once told me " When all else fails, read the manual " .....

:beatdeadh
Definately not trying to make excuses, but the engine and fuel delivery system are not original to my tractor.

I have all of the proper manuals for the CCKA, but the original fuel pump was completely different from what I have now. (The mechanical pump is not shown at all.)

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
asgco, is correct here.
according to my case manuals he should have the pulse fuel pump.
so, when i saw that he had the mechanical pump, i told him to look at
the NHC manual.
they both used mech.,pulse and or elect., fuel pumps.
thank you. boomer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts