My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I have an SS 18 with an Onan engine and am trying to locate gasgets for the intake manifold. Can any of you guys suggest a good parts source for these gasgets? The engine model # is BG-MS/2980A. I have tried every place in town and had no luck in locating them. I repaired the "seam" where the 2 halves of the intake join together, and now I need the 2 end gasgets. I was hoping to use the tractor this weekend. Is there any chance that I could make a pair of gasgets, and if so what type of material should I use? The original gasgets were shot and they looked like one side of the gasget was some type of metal and the other side was gasget material. Thanks for any info, Litz

·
Tractor hoarder/collector
2,456 Posts
check an RV dealer....You might need to move up to a newer engine like a B48M or something cause your basically looking for an engine that was used in an RV generator...Best place ive found to get them...But their is a dealer close to me that is an Onan dealer, but they want CRAZY high prices for their stuff!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I tried the RV dealer but he didn't have anything and didn't act like he really wanted to order any. (Not much of a "Tractor Guy) I was really hoping to get this tractor up and running. I have my Gannon mounted on it and wanted to do some work with it this weekend. I dont know if I should try and make a set, or try and find some on-line and wait another week. Heck I havent found anyone on-line that has them yet. Anyhow thanks for the info. Litz

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,266 Posts

·
Tractor hoarder/collector
2,456 Posts
ok, look up North Dixie parts(or something like that) their local to me in Dayton, OH..they are located on North Dixie Drive..Or better yet here call 19372750933, thats their number...Tell them what your looking for and see if they will ship them to you....They have everything onan and can get everything(they supply most of the local shops around here with onan parts)...Dont no if they will ship to you or not....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts