My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting my Onan B43M back together and using a complete gasket set from Onanparts.com. My question is does the exhaust valves have seals? I received one bag labeled "oil seal", PN# 0509-0008. Is this supposed to be one of the exhaust valve seal, and I was shorted one? It does not appear to have a big enough internal ID to allow the valve stem through it. I aso received a small yellow bag that was not labeled and it contained 2 other copper type seals that do not fit on the valve guides. They also are too small to allow the valve stem to be inserted.
One other question, any tricks to getting the two piece keeper installed without losing a finger tip?
Any help would be greatky appreciated.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Putting my Onan B43M back together and using a complete gasket set from Onanparts.com. My question is does the exhaust valves have seals?Exhaust has no seal since there is no vacuum there to draw in oil.
I received one bag labeled "oil seal", PN# 0509-0008. Is this supposed to be one of the exhaust valve seal, and I was shorted one? It does not appear to have a big enough internal ID to allow the valve stem through it. I aso received a small yellow bag that was not labeled and it contained 2 other copper type seals that do not fit on the valve guides. Those are probably the sealing washers for the bolts for the timing cover that screw into the crankcase to prevent oil leaks. I think only two of them are through drilled.They also are too small to allow the valve stem to be inserted.
One other question, any tricks to getting the two piece keeper installed without losing a finger tip? There is a tool for that, but I use a dab of grease on the jaws of duck bill pliers
Any help would be greatky appreciated.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
duffy
the 509-0008 seal is for the governor arm shaft.
case B 43M did not use any valve stem seals.
i suggest you look at the B43 M parts manual
to help figure where the parts go.
please keep in mind this kit is made for B and P engines.

as to the keepers use a daub of grease to hold them in place.
thank you. boomer ( the used onan engine parts guy )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts