My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The level reads high in my Onan 16 after changing the oil.I put 2 quarts in.The dipstick is original and fits perfect.Anybody else have this problem???

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
did you run it then check it? the oil may need to pump through the motor before you check it.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Is it bent the right way. Some dipsticks that I have were bent a different way than was normal. They would read a little higher.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I may be wrong, but I don't think it is supposed to hold 2 qts. Can't find my manual at the moment but 1.6qts is what I think it says.

Of course Onan used different oil pans for different engine specs. Check your manual.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may be wrong, but I don't think it is supposed to hold 2 qts. Can't find my manual at the moment but 1.6qts is what I think it says.

Of course Onan used different oil pans for different engine specs. Check your manual.
It says 4 pints on the tag.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
They hold 2 qts. After I run my engine the oil is sometimes high on the dip stick. If I wipe it off and recheck its right on the money. I'm thinking it has something to do with the pressure lube. As you notice the dip stick has a seal and fits tight at the top so it won't leak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts