My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I have a case 446 that I just bought and it has the dd14 carb. Is there another carb that I can put in its place? Main reason is this carb one of the screw is broken off inside the carb. Any help or guidance would be great.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Always a chance you could put a Nikki carb on it...have no idea what all you'd have to change, but doubt it would be a drop on. For sure the air cleaner assembly is different, cables should work (went from a B43M w/DD carb to a P220 w/Nikki carb). Not sure about the intake manifold.

Is the carb still working or is it leaking due to the missing screw? Do you have a picture with the top off? I do have a lower on a parts machine ('75 446), but not sure how serviceable it is.

Al

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Always a chance you could put a Nikki carb on it...have no idea what all you'd have to change, but doubt it would be a drop on. For sure the air cleaner assembly is different, cables should work (went from a B43M w/DD carb to a P220 w/Nikki carb). Not sure about the intake manifold.

Is the carb still working or is it leaking due to the missing screw? Do you have a picture with the top off? I do have a lower on a parts machine ('75 446), but not sure how serviceable it is.

Al

·
Banned
355 Posts
Any carb can be made to fit on any engine.
Some just require more effort than others
To make things easy find one with the same stud spacings, engine capacity and controls in the same plane .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts