My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm fairly new to this forum and bought a 3118PS a couple months ago. I am experiencing "surging" during idle and checked a couple posts here and it seems to be old gas gumming up the jets. I would like to take the carb apart and clean the jets, so I am looking for a carb rebuild kit or at least the gaskets to put it back together again. Carb is a Nikki number 146-0478. I find all kinds of stuff on the internet, but mostly the whole carb. I can't seem to find a kit specifically for this carb.
Any ideas?
Thanks for the help.
Tom

·
Registered
670 Posts
Send a message to member Bhildret . He can get you the kit you need. It's right around $50 if I remember correctly. It might just need a good cleaning. The carb is really simple to take apart and put back together.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again for the suggestions. You were right, the carb is easy to take apart and after a good cleaning it runs great! Of course, two steps forward and one back. I stripped the special bolt on the choke linkage which allows the small flat oblong piece to move when the choke is operated. Any ideas on how I can fix that without replacing the carb?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts