My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice the 47" snow blowers, (shift driven) for my X720 comes standard with a manual operated snow chute adjustment.

My 47" blower on my X540 belt driven, had a cable operated chute.

For $200.00 there's a cable kit that's available.

Has anyone used one, and feel it's necessary?

The only time I used my cable adjustment chute is in high winds to keep the snow stream low from blowing back on me.

Can't talk the wife into a cab............:banghead3

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Can't talk the wife into a cab............ Then let her do the first blizzard :sidelaugh
I wouldn't be without my cable operated chute. on my #44

·
Registered
148 Posts
mikestoy,

I have the JD remote chute deflector kit on my #47. It works just OK. It has a tendency to ice up. A little iso-propyl or windshield washer fluid helps for preventive maintenance.

I also own a #46, single stage thrower that I have installed an electric actuator to control the deflector. I am very satisfied with the actuator set-up. I will be converting the #47 over to an actuator when it is removed from storage.

I find it necessary to control the chute deflector when removing snow. I operate in a close quarter residential neighborhood. Precise placement of the snow is crucial.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
I would guess if it's high winds you could just set it so it's pointed down and go.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I notice the 47" snow blowers, (shift driven) for my X720 comes standard with a manual operated snow chute adjustment.

The only time I used my cable adjustment chute is in high winds to keep the snow stream low from blowing back on me.

If she won't let you get a cab, have her do it.:hide::D

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can't talk the wife into a cab............ Then let her do the first blizzard :sidelaugh
She would blow a path right to my dog house...............:thThumbsU

·
Registered
148 Posts
Rob,

Thanks for posting that link. I really like Dude Man's switch! I going to hunt down two of them. :fing32:

BTW, Rob, are you and the wife getting antsy for snow? I am! As a matter of fact my 78yo father is trying to talk my mother into staying in Minnesota this winter. I know he wants to enjoy operating one of my tractors. He was a bit envious of my stories from last winter.

:greendr:

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Rob,

Thanks for posting that link. I really like Dude Man's switch! I going to hunt down two of them. :fing32:

BTW, Rob, are you and the wife getting antsy for snow? I am! As a matter of fact my 78yo father is trying to talk my mother into staying in Minnesota this winter. I know he wants to enjoy operating one of my tractors. He was a bit envious of my stories from last winter.

:greendr:
I can't wait for the snow to come, its a lot of fun with that heated cab.:fing32:

·
Registered
2,947 Posts

Mike,

The check out the John Deere 54" Snow Blower. The 2nd picture shows the manual chute deflection adjuster from JD. I think it lists for $111 but was thrown in when I bought my snow blower last year. It works fairly well and I have not had any ice problems with it yet.

For the cheaper cab like structure I went with a Weather Enclosure. Check out this link for more on it X748 Weather Enclosure installation and configuration. Having it keeps the top of the chute deflector inside the WE and out of the weather which may reduce icing some.

I'm tempted to do an actuator but already own the manual adjuster so ...

Peter

·
Super Moderator
16,678 Posts
Mike,

The check out the John Deere 54" Snow Blower. The 2nd picture shows the manual chute deflection adjuster from JD. I think it lists for $111 but was thrown in when I bought my snow blower last year. It works fairly well and I have not had any ice problems with it yet.

For the cheaper cab like structure I went with a Weather Enclosure. Check out this link for more on it X748 Weather Enclosure installation and configuration. Having it keeps the top of the chute deflector inside the WE and out of the weather which may reduce icing some.

I'm tempted to do an actuator but already own the manual adjuster so ...

Peter
Well Here is the Part Number for the Cable anyways BM20960 http://salesmanual.deere.com/sales/...uipment/bm20960_remote_spout_control_kit.html :thThumbsU

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Mike, did you get your tractor back yet? If so, how does everything look?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, you would be correct. I am in the process of doing this for the 54" blower on my new X748. I originally ordered just the kit part number as POENY posted and then when I opened the box there was no bracket to mount the cable at the operator station. After looking at the destructions the first page lists what should be in the box (what I had) and then lists additional parts to be ordered. There are different parts on the "to be ordered" list dependent on if you have a hard cab or not. The hard cab parts don't utilize the bracket as they have you mount the cable on the front cab bulkhead. If anyone needs the additional part numbers listed (to save some time when trying to get the complete kit) I can post the numbers. I won't be using the hard cab so the additional parts (brackets, bolts, etc.) end up costing me around $110.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts