My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
W5CPT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking for something else I ran across Omni Manufacturing. The make some very interesting and very reasonably priced hitches. They have a piece that bolts to your standard draw bar and accepts a receiver type hitch for only $49.

They also make a unit they call the "Transformer" which appears to be a Jack-of-all-Trades with attachments like a Middle-Buster, a Ripper (Sub-Soiler) and a few other items.

I don't think they are a supporter here but if they were informed that their customers were members here they might consider it.

Click here -> Omni Manufacturing

In one description they are a little confused on the width of the 3PT on a 2305 as they say to make sure it will adjust to 20" but in the same add offer the hitch in 26".

[Disclaimer - I have no pecuniary interest in this business and make no claims for or against their products or service. - I just like their prices and the look of their products.]

·
JD Green all the way~!
1,312 Posts
They do have some very nice stuff.

I found out about them on Ebay, and talked them into letting me purchase one of their draw bar hitches unpainted to save some money. VERY nice guys, and easy to work with, and they ship fast too!

I was going to do some small modifications to it anyway, then paint, or powder coat it, so I thought it was better I didn't buy it all pretty like to begin with.

I did not give them props yet in my thread for their hitch, I wanted to wait and get every ones feed back first, and have mine all painted green before I told everyone where they can get one too. But ya beat me to it on that, but i beat ya to it on a thread. :trink39:

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=146885

~F~

·
W5CPT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw that thread and thought to myself that was some really fine welding.

·
JD Green all the way~!
1,312 Posts
Very nice quality, and professional welds for sure.

For what this one cost me unpainted, I couldn't build it myself for that.

~F~

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks Clint...just ordered the standard duty hitch for my JD2305...already have the drawbar to go with

Folks like you are why I like this forum...hope I can find goodies to share as well

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
It looks to be reasonably priced. slkpk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks Clint...just ordered the standard duty hitch for my JD2305...already have the drawbar to go with

Folks like you are why I like this forum...hope I can find goodies to share as well
Update

Well...hitch arrived late yesterday and I went to install it on my drawbar a few minutes ago
...Surprise!!!...it's NOT i-Match compatible...had to cut a 3" section out of the back of the top of the square tubing upright...drill press and Super Sawzall to the rescue...now to drill new 3/4" holes for the upper link pin and I'm set.

No regrets as it's really top quality for $49 and had the tools to adapt:fing20:

·
Registered
104 Posts
My Omni standard hitch arrived this afternoon and I installed it in less then 15 minutes. Everything fit as expected and all the hitch pins/nuts, bolt and washers were included. Quality is excellent, as mentioned by others and paint matches the BX2660 nicely. A great solution to a rolling tow bar when I pull the boat trailer out of it's storage spot. Thanks for the great recommendation Clint in KY!

Attachments

·
JD Green all the way~!
1,312 Posts
I had to do a little modification to the back of it so it would clear my Harbor Freight Quick hitch top link/hook bracket that's on it.

Nothing my little air powered cut off wheel couldn't handle. Thought I would post those pictures for anyone else that has a HF QH. I also sent the company the pictures of what is needed to be removed for that set up in case they wanted to do that themselves before their paint job goes on, and also they can say its a direct bolt on for this or that attachment.

I bought my Grade 8 bolts, washers, lock washers, and nuts locally. They only ran me like $5.00.

~F~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts