My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 1972 Elcamino thats been a work in progress since 2004 I got it when i was 11. It sat in my shed where i keep my mowers for about 4 years and we got it started. So we got a new quarter on it and the other was taken off and so was the rest ( front clip doors etc ) So then it sat. I did put new plugs and wires and distributor on it when we got it out. So today i was uber bored and tired of it sitting so i grabbed the battery out of the bonneville and gave it a prime for a good time with my fuel sqeezy bottle. (davidsfarm talk) and it started with two turns of the key!!! and stayed running for about 5 mins untill i got back up to it cause i had to gloat over the phone to my dad and uncle cause i did it all by myself. and i put it in reverse and drove it down washed the dirt off and parkered it in the shop! I was amazed that it continued to run cause i did fill the carb up using the overflow tube to get it into the bottom and it ran and ran and its 4-5 year old fuel!!!! It runs amazing off that fuel and sounds wonderful! Its a rebuilt 400 with less than 200 miles on the rebuild on the motor and tranny! Its pretty throaty when i really pushed on it in my shop and a plume of stale gas smoke came rolling out of my shop! LOL Man do i reak right now!!! I am SOOOOO excited!!! YAY

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
GOT fo-toes ? Pics would be great.
I have a 50 ford with lots done to it and 5.0 HO. Its been untouched now about ten years.
Im glad you got back involved.:congrats: :congrats:

·
Registered
26 Posts
You might want to run the fuel out of the carb because varnish is very hard to get out otherwise way to go:congrats:

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Nice work Fixit! Now you be nice and don't rev that motor too much, she's not fully broken in yet.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is that youtube.com/davidsfarm ? Just curious how small planet earth has become. Gary

·
Registered
129 Posts
A 1972 Camino? Dude, you are my freakin' hero! I had a 1971! You have no idea how much I regret getting rid of it. It's been nearly 16 years, and a day doesn't go by (for real) that I don't think about that car...

Mine was a 402ci but I believe it had a manual at one time. When I bought it, it had been switched over to an automatic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts