My Tractor Forum banner

Oliver control panel question

938 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  TestBill
Oliver experts and tractor aficionados,

The attached picture is NOT of my Oliver 77 (I borrowed it from the internet, possibly even this site), nor do I own an Oliver 77………yet!

Can someone please tell me what the large knob/lever is to the left of the steering column? I see the choke, the ignition/power multi-function switch, and the starter push-button. But for the life of me, I can’t figure out what that lever is for. In all of the videos that I have watched showing Oliver 77's, not a single person touched or referenced that knob. I ask because the Oliver I am looking at has it and I would like to at least appear knowledgeable.

Any inputs are appreciated.

Sincerely,
Bill
Vehicle Motor vehicle Tractor Steering wheel Automotive lighting
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Good afternoon,
That knob engages and disengages the belt pulley. I think on mine pushing it in engages and pulling it out disengages it. You need to push the main clutch in to engage it or you will grind the gears. Disengaging can be done anytime. Great tractor love mine. Jeff
Oliver experts and tractor aficionados,

The attached picture is NOT of my Oliver 77 (I borrowed it from the internet, possibly even this site), nor do I own an Oliver 77………yet!

Can someone please tell me what the large knob/lever is to the left of the steering column? I see the choke, the ignition/power multi-function switch, and the starter push-button. But for the life of me, I can’t figure out what that lever is for. In all of the videos that I have watched showing Oliver 77's, not a single person touched or referenced that knob. I ask because the Oliver I am looking at has it and I would like to at least appear knowledgeable.

Any inputs are appreciated.

Sincerely,
Bill
View attachment 2521783
Reactions: PA318Guy
Thank you very much for the information.
Bill
Good afternoon,
That knob engages and disengages the belt pulley. I think on mine pushing it in engages and pulling it out disengages it. You need to push the main clutch in to engage it or you will grind the gears. Disengaging can be done anytime. Great tractor love mine. Jeff
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.