My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an Oliver 77 Diesel with factory hydraulic recently...think it's a 1956...hydraulic controlled by two levers to the left of shifting lever...after flushing reservoir and adding fresh fluid pump seems to work...however after hooking it up to wood splitter with newly rebuilt cylinder not getting enough pressure to split anything...movement of piston in one direction slower than the other....even reversing lines doesn't help...used to use same splitter with 1650 no problem...am I dreaming to think this should work? Next steps to check filter (which per seller is new but there you are) and hydraulic lines on tractor (hoses on splitter are new)...also want to get a pressure gauge to see how much its putting out...want to use this tractor with haybine/disc/brush hog but w/o working hydraulic that plan won't go...before thinking about disassembly any other thoughts or ideas?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have also noticed transmission issue...couldn't get into the upper part 3 4 6 R2 but worked fine in 1st 2nd 5th R1...yesterday after driving around for a bit it did go into the upper...kinda surprised me but it went quite smoothly....leaving it there for now...any chance this is something that will take care of itself? Maybe some corrosion perhaps? I did drain and add fresh transmission fluid...looked like it might be had some water in it from sitting outside...boot is trashed...its inside now...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts