My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking a while on this forum, now looking for some advice / help. I have an Oliver 88 Standard with a drawbar - really want to add a 3 pt hitch and finally someone local is selling an Oliver Power Traction Hitch off their Oliver 880 - thing is I can't really find a definitive answer online if it will be compatible with my 88. Any thoughts / advice? Thanks!

· Registered
24 Posts
Been lurking a while on this forum, now looking for some advice / help. I have an Oliver 88 Standard with a drawbar - really want to add a 3 pt hitch and finally someone local is selling an Oliver Power Traction Hitch off their Oliver 880 - thing is I can't really find a definitive answer online if it will be compatible with my 88. Any thoughts / advice? Thanks!
The simple answer is no. The mounting holes you need for the Power Traction hitch, under the rear end are not in your 88. If you could find a Hydra Hitch it should fit because they bolted on where the rear axle housing bolted to the rear housing. The 3 points were made for Row Crop tractors. It looks like they used the same rear frame/rear end housing on both Row Crop and Standard, the Hydra Hitch should fit. They also had a light duty 3 point but I am not sure how that mounts to the tractor.
Thanks
John Schoenauer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.