My Tractor Forum banner

Oliver 1755 hydraulic

1543 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  47Farmall
I am having a problem with the out side port on the tractor. When I try to use it the cylinder will only go one direction. If you change it to the other side it works fine. I was told to try new couples and that didn?t help. I change out the spool valve and that didn?t help what is keeping this side from working properly.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
When you say 'outside port' what do mean? The outside remote valve and 2 corresponding quick connects (couplers)? You changed the spool valve? Again, it must be a regional discrepancy in what things are called. Around 'here' they are called remotes or remote valves if you are referring to what the levers are connected to to the right side of the seat.

So, if we are on the same page and you changed out the outer remote valve then one thing you can try is opening the restricter on innermost plate (it's the jam nut and screw sticking out towards the rear on the leftmost plate in valve array). Counterclockwise increases flow to the valves. If there's crud in there somewhere it might help move it out.

I guess one other thing is to replace the hose that is connected to the valve end that doesn't work. They can come apart on the inside and muck things up. If the hose moves any at all when the lever is put in the raise or lower position (whichever is not working the cylinder) then the valve is working and the hose is possibly bad. A coupler hose with hydraulic pressure in it is hard and not very pliable. It will jump slightly when pressurized with nothing connected to the quick connects. If the tension of the hose doesn't change when changing the lever position then it's likely pressure isn't getting through the valve. These are just rudimentary tests that can be done without any test equipment.

The correct solution is have a pressure gauge with the ability to hook to your quick connects. Otherwise that's the best I can come up with.
I am having a problem with the out side port on the tractor. When I try to use it the cylinder will only go one direction. If you change it to the other side it works fine. I was told to try new couples and that didn?t help. I change out the spool valve and that didn?t help what is keeping this side from working properly.
...just fyi, this is a 2.5 year old thread, and [email protected] hasn't logged in since shortly after that post.
Thanks for heads up. I wasn't paying attention.
...just fyi, this is a 2.5 year old thread, and [email protected] hasn't logged in since shortly after that post.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.