My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The washers in the bottom of the pan usually indicate that the tractor has been operated a lot with the PTO Clutch lever in the up position. I did not realize that this is a no-no until one of the mechanics I talked to informed me.

The service manual is free. Just let me know your email address.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Think I'll take you up on the offer as I really can't find anyone familiar with these engines the Oliver dealer said they hadn't worked on a 1365 in a long while so maybe I'll try it myself.My email is [email protected] thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
blueberrymuzik,

May I also get a copy of that repair manual?

My dad's 1365 loses oil pressure once it runs for 2 hours, and now the 3 point hitch has stopped working completely. Looks like it needs some medical attention soon, so your manual would probably be a big help.

I'll send a PM to you with my email.

Thanks,
mb

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
On the 3pt not working pull the screen out on the intake line to the pump and clean it throughly any water in the screen and the oil won't flow thru it,if the hydraulic oil is yellow you'll need to change it.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Just follow the large metal line down from the hydraulic pump on the engine and it'll be the big tube like deal with a cap with two bolts holding it on, take the bolts out and the cap comes off and the screen will pull out.It needs to be cleaned in something like carb cleaner.If you change the oil in the rear dump a can of Seafoam in the oil run it awhile and then drain it.Also you may need to let one of the remotes dump to purge the system of trapped air.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Folks,

Say for my Oliver 1365, I am very interested in that down loadable service manual Jim has mentioned.

I just picked my sweety up yesterday, from a 92 year old man (traded to dealer) I promised him I would visit him in four more years to let him know how it is running yet.

I have not seen one of these in 25 years, I need to do a complete top to bottom service, anyone have any suggestions for me? I am thinking there may be 45 years of condensation in the cases, hoping not, but I am going to assume there is and service it accordingly.

Also is there a good place to source new parts?, than used parts? Mine has a cab, I am thinking of removing it and just putting on the factory fenders... not sure yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi folks, HELP, say Jim, wondering if you still have access to that downloadable Oliver 1365 service manual. I was brush mowing and I lost all three point power in a few seconds. Almost like a blew a seal or dumped oil. Thanks folks. Cliff

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Chris, I will need you email address in order to send you a link for the manual. The best way to do that is to send me a private message containing your address.

·
Administrator
16,805 Posts
Chris, when you first come to the Oliver forum, (or any other forum on here) you will see, a START NEW THREAD button of the left hand side of the page, just above the list of posts. Click it, and have fun posting.
MikeC

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Sorry, Chris- I still don't see an email address. I cannot send the link to the manual through the forum.I will need your non-forum email address. It can be gmail, hotmail or any one of a thousand different hosts. The best way to send that address is by private message. As a member of the forum, you can go to the top of the page and look for private messages. You can create a private message to anyone on the forum. If you send your email address that way, it won't publish it to anyone except the recipient.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

I am new to the site and have been following your thread. I have a 1974 Oliver model 1365 that I am rebuilding it is a 4 wheel drive. I am looking for a manual, would you by chance know where I can get one? I am trying to find out currently what weight of oil it takes for everything. Thanks for all and any input you have.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts