My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gravely Model L Guy
464 Posts
1935 Hex-axle model L

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
I have a '43 L. Pretty sure there are older ones here...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello,
Coincidentally, over on the Y*h*o Group, Ray Denny just posted a few photos of the [one would assume] very first Gravely from 1913!! And it is being operated by Mrs. Elizabeth Gravely! Wow!

Written on photo "1st experimental 1913"
Photos in this series courtesy of Glen Barnes
Posting Credit to Ray Denny

Enjoy,
Max

·
Just Have a Little Faith!
9,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello,
Coincidentally, over on the Y*h*o Group, Ray Denny just posted a few photos of the [one would assume] very first Gravely from 1913!! And it is being operated by Mrs. Elizabeth Gravely!Enjoy,
Max
1913 Imagine that!!!

Okay, this is getting interesting. Any photos???

·
Super Moderator
32,409 Posts
Hello,
Coincidentally, over on the Y*h*o Group, Ray Denny just posted a few photos of the [one would assume] very first Gravely from 1913!! And it is being operated by Mrs. Elizabeth Gravely! Wow!

Written on photo "1st experimental 1913"
Photos in this series courtesy of Glen Barnes
Posting Credit to Ray Denny

Enjoy,
Max
Great pic's!!! And feel free to type out Yahoo... we dont have issues with that here.

I cant top some onf the guys here.... My 1944 L is a youngin compaired to some!!

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,737 Posts
The oldest known surviving Gravely is a Model D made in 1924. The oldest L is the 1935 L Serial Number 2 owned by Craig Seabrook, founder of what now is GTCOA. I own a 1940 L with the 12 screw wheels.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I believe the US postal service used them, and they were painted special colours (yellow) and labelled property of the US postal service.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts