My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had this Yard-Man lawn tractor for awhile now. It belonged to my grandfather who purchased it years ago, I am not sure on the exact year of it. Its got a 11hp Briggs & Stratton that's synchro-balanced(not for sure what that means). The mower has a 38" cut, I cant find the tag with the model number so i'm not for sure on that. Its a hydrostatic drive and the last time I used it I remember it could really fly, its the fastest LT I have ever drove. Not to long ago a friend of mine told me this style of LT is collectable. He mentioned this model was made when Yard-Man bought out International Harvester or vice versa. I do not know if there is any truth to that. I was wondering what you tractor gurus could tell me about this model. I plan on restoring it, Its special to me as I remember riding it with my Grandpa when I was little. The deck is rough shape but I think I can patch it up, one of the deck spindles is locked up but I ordered a new one years ago and I was lucky enough to find it in my garage. I also would like to know the proper colors I need to repaint it. Any information would greatly be appreciated, here is a few pictures of the old gal.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the 16hp version with variable speed drive.
Very tough built, I use it for dragging stuff around.
Getting parts is difficult. Tried to order the mower deck height rod, and they don't make them anymore, so I had to improvise. I adapted a sears sleeve hitch to it years ago so I could use a box scraper ( made it from the snow blade that came with the mower )
I also have an old 42" mower deck, but mine has a 90 degree gear box on top.

Here's a link to a post not long ago > > > http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=272610

I thought they made a hydrostat version also, but hadn't seen one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts