My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that there is a puddle of oil under the shaft on my rotary plow. The oil is leaking from the joint where it swivels just after where it bolts to the tractor. I have not used it yet, It has been sitting waiting on me to finish repairing the 5260.

Looking at my parts list, there seems to be two seals, one at each end of the shaft going between the slip clutch and the pinion bevel gear. These seals are part number L-126 for the drive shaft oil seal (need 2)and 3151 for the drive shaft oil seal retainer (need 2).

I have tried googleing these numbers but have had no luck finding them. Does anyone have an alternative number or a source for these seals??

Also, I notice there is a pipe plug in the section called a swivel housing on mine, but it shows a grease fitting in the parts drawing. Is this one of those setups where grease keeps the oil seals sealed???

Thanks for any advice or insight on this. I want to have the plow ready for when I get the tractor running.

Andy

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
I don't have any numbers for the seals, but the one by the gear box keeps the gear oil in the gear box. The one in the back, by the slip clutch, keeps oil from the nose of the tractor in the tractor, the grease fitting or square plug (older plows) are for lubing the swivel.

I think there is a seal / bearing cross reference on www.oldgravelys.net

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have any numbers for the seals, but the one by the gear box keeps the gear oil in the gear box. The one in the back, by the slip clutch, keeps oil from the nose of the tractor in the tractor, the grease fitting or square plug (older plows) are for lubing the swivel.

I think there is a seal / bearing cross reference on www.oldgravelys.net
Those are the seals I need, but the cross reference does not have the part numbers as they are pre 1970 part numbers.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts