My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
theres a old simpliscity that sits up and this guys place and he wants 75 for it.. it dsent run but it is all there and complete right down to the head lights. whats it worth? im asking casue i think it would be cool to have i dont have a clue on what model it is eather i forgot.. its small tho..

·
Registered
77 Posts
no one is going to be able to tell you a value without knowing more.

what year?
what model?
what attachments (if any)?

if it's all there is the motor siezed up, or turn over with compression but not run?

is everything in good condition?

chances are you could at least get your money back out of it if you had to part it out if it looks in decent condition.

what do you want to do with it?
if you just want it as a toy, and know a little about mechanics, and small engines, I would guess it could be a fun toy to play with, maybe even restore (even partially for personeal, or full for show)

teh pic you posted looks to be a late 60's to me, but I'm no expert, I've just been messign with these things the past couple months.
edit: maybe early 60's with teh pan seat?

if it is beat to ****, you might want to stay away from it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no one is going to be able to tell you a value without knowing more.

what year?
what model?
what attachments (if any)?

if it's all there is the motor siezed up, or turn over with compression but not run?

is everything in good condition?

chances are you could at least get your money back out of it if you had to part it out if it looks in decent condition.

what do you want to do with it?
if you just want it as a toy, and know a little about mechanics, and small engines, I would guess it could be a fun toy to play with, maybe even restore (even partially for personeal, or full for show)

teh pic you posted looks to be a late 60's to me, but I'm no expert, I've just been messign with these things the past couple months.

if it is beat to ****, you might want to stay away from it.
dont have a clue on the model or year.. it has no attachments. its in OK conidtion its restorable. i want to buy it and make it a full blown professonally restored mower. or a puller. the motor isnt seized up and has compression. it looked like a newer 11hp briggs almost? i could be wrong but not sure im mainly concerned if its a good buy.. 75 bucks dosent come easy

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I would say its a 150 dollar tractor. Its worth more in parts. The arbors will bring 100 for all 3. Motor is worth something... If it has hi/low thats worth more then 100... 75 bucks is nothing to spend on a tractor...it beats the heck out of walking... I am not a big fan of the little ones but some people really like them cause they are cheap and are good units...

·
Registered
77 Posts
yeah, can't hurt... go look at it, offer $50, $50 offered in person is different then a $50 offer over the phone or email

I see a lot of non-running simplisity's around MI for $100-200 n CL

a friend of mine seen one for $50 and jumped on it

the guy got it in some trade deal, as an extra item he didn't want, said it would run if you sprayed gas or startign fluid in carb, but that's it

brought it home gas tank was empty, so he put some gas in the tank and wella! it runs fine.
it's a 4211 with 36" deck I believe,

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got a ton of sit down mowers that all we own.. i want this as a little side project if i cant get that little sears i want

·
Registered
62 Posts
If it has original headlights, those alone you could sell on Ebay for 50-75 bucks.

I'd say it is a good deal if you have the money, but if $75 is hard to come by these days, are going to be able to afford the rest of the project?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea thats what iwas thinking on the headlights.. and yea 75 is hard to come by and im pretty sure i can afford it

·
Simplicity 4211
3 Posts
yeah, can't hurt... go look at it, offer $50, $50 offered in person is different then a $50 offer over the phone or email

I see a lot of non-running simplisity's around MI for $100-200 n CL

a friend of mine seen one for $50 and jumped on it

the guy got it in some trade deal, as an extra item he didn't want, said it would run if you sprayed gas or startign fluid in carb, but that's it

brought it home gas tank was empty, so he put some gas in the tank and wella! it runs fine.
it's a 4211 with 36" deck I believe,
I have no idea who this friend is that you are talking about:rolleyes:
(j/k,Yea, it's me):fing32:

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
I`d try the $50 and see what happens, but Simplicity I would take over a Sears unless it was a very old Sears. The Simplicity can you get the model number off of it you can go to http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/ the number should start with a 169xxxxx and get a manual and check it out, they are a very nice tractor and the steering so good it feels like power steering, when compared to some other brands.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts