My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me know what you all think about the two mowers that I just picked up ! Should I keep them ?

·
Premium Member
3,456 Posts
If you should keep them? It depends on your mechanical abilities, how well they run, what you want/could use them for, how much money you have to spend, how much time you want to spend on fixing them and on performing tasks with them.

·
15,000 +posts!
19,927 Posts
I had several like those years ago,given to me,or I found them at the dump's metal pile..
Two were like new,looked barely used..didn't take much to get them running..
One needed a new carb,I paid $32 for a brand new one for it..
The other one had a mower deck,that needed a weird toothed "timing belt" to power both blades--that was a hunt to find,finally found one at Graingers,costed $25..

Since I had 3 acres to mow,I didn't bother using them to mow with,I needed a much larger tractor,so I decided to sell them..
I had a yard sale and I had a tough time getting $40 for the one with a new carb,and I got $35 for the other one..:(...didn't feel it was worth my time or effort to fix them up after that!..
I ended up parting out the rest of them and only the engines and transmissions sold,the rest had to be scrapped..

Now they might be worth more,being older and less common,some people like collecting the small riding mowers more now,than back in the 80's or 90's when there was a lot of them available for free or cheap..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts