My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone....I have something that appears to be poplar on here. My father recently passed away and in his barn I found this strange looking tractor. Through this forum I have learned that it is a Ridemaster model 35AB02 serial# R5262. It has several attachments such as disk, blade, breaking plow, cultivator and a few other things not sure of. I was about to sell it as scrap, until I found this forum and learned of its history. It does not have a motor and my father has changed the back wheels to a lawnmower type wheel. Everything looks to be original. If anyone is interested in all of it, please give me a shout and I will see what we can work out. I have attached a picture of the plate showing model and serial number. I will have to do some digging if anyone would like to see the rest of it. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I said don't know anything about them. I have asked several people in our area about it and they didn't have a clue as to what it was. I was about to give up until I found this forum. Are all the attachments are to find? I was going to put it on ebay, but if it will help someone on here, rather sell it through this site. I don't have a clue as to what it is worth. I have been reading posts from people and everyone seems very friendly and knowledgeable about these. I hope someone can give me a guesstimate of what is worth. Thanks

·
5,523 Posts
Ray will show up and help you soon he know more about them than me.

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,705 Posts
Welcome to MTF. The serial number R-5262 would make this Ridemaster a 1951 model.

I'm going to try to help you with a value estimate on this.
The value of these depends a lot on where you are located.
The collectors seem to be located mostly in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio.

A unrestored Ridemaster in Ohio with 2-engines, a disk set, sickle bar mower,garden plow and a snow blade, just sold on ebay for $350.
Both of the engines were complete but one had a hole in the block. The other engine was in good condition.
The sickle bar mower is a hard to find attachment so that raised the value of this tractor.
The grader blade is a sought after attachment so that also added to the value.

Here is the ebay link for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/bolens-ridemast...085?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b45cad3d

Wilberj bought a similar Ridemaster about a month ago off Crags List.
I believe it had a cultivator, plow and a sickle mower.
It was complete but had been taken all apart and I think he paid $200 or $250 for it.

It is hard to set a value on yours with out seeing it, and anything that goes with it.
The correct rear wheels and the correct engine are both hard to find so those being missing are going to be against you.
Your being located in Tennessee is also going to effect the value.

I would put a value of $150 to $200 on it as is.
Hope this has helped you with what your looking for.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information and help. I will get it all pulled out and get some pictures posted on here. Maybe someone around here will be interested in it.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Where in TN?

·
5,523 Posts
Welcome to MTF. The serial number R-5262 would make this Ridemaster a 1951 model.

I'm going to try to help you with a value estimate on this.
The value of these depends a lot on where you are located.
The collectors seem to be located mostly in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio.

A unrestored Ridemaster in Ohio with 2-engines, a disk set, sickle bar mower,garden plow and a snow blade, just sold on ebay for $350.
Both of the engines were complete but one had a hole in the block. The other engine was in good condition.
The sickle bar mower is a hard to find attachment so that raised the value of this tractor.
The grader blade is a sought after attachment so that also added to the value.

Here is the ebay link for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/bolens-ridemast...085?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b45cad3d

Wilberj bought a similar Ridemaster about a month ago off Crags List.
I believe it had a cultivator, plow and a sickle mower.
It was complete but had been taken all apart and I think he paid $200 or $250 for it.

It is hard to set a value on yours with out seeing it, and anything that goes with it.
The correct rear wheels and the correct engine are both hard to find so those being missing are going to be against you.
Your being located in Tennessee is also going to effect the value.

I would put a value of $150 to $200 on it as is.
Hope this has helped you with what your looking for.
Ray,
The one I got off Craigslist had nothing with it and it was taken apart like you said. I paid less than $200 for it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in northwest Tennessee near Paris. I will get some pictures on here before the end of the week, to see if anyone might be interested in it. Something this old, I am not going to scrap. That would be a waste. I also have a 1949 John Deere Model M for sale. I will get the pics of it on here too. It has been completely restored. Beautiful tractor... Thanks

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,705 Posts
Ray,
The one I got off Craigslist had nothing with it and it was taken apart like you said. I paid less than $200 for it.
Thanks Jerome.
I couldn't remember exactly what went with each of the Ridemasters that you got.

Hopefully the information will help him to put a value on his.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts