I started taking it apart yesterday. The engine is all iron, even the head and sump. It has been welded up; i'm guessing the rod tried to get out.
It turns over and the valves are free. It does need a new blower housing and many of the fins have been broken off of the flywheel. Most of the bolts are coming free with a little kroil. Haven't been able to find anything that looks the same. Most of the simplicitys have the pto on the left. I haven't looked much at the walshs.
The engine is all apart now. Not to happy with what I found. Take a look. I have model N that I painted up a while ago, and I was planning to rob parts from it. But the crank is special only to the NR-6; a model N crank will not work without machining. Good news is the bore is nice.
I really want to get this engine running again. A big challenge but I think its possible. I stopping by an engine collectors house this evening to see if he has a partts engine. I don't really want to take apart the model N I fixed up.
Well the engine I thought I had is a 6r6, but I do have an older one with reduction, but no tag. It is stuck, but not rusted bad, the head is off, but there, and missing the flywheel. I would think you could save it. Come get it
All apart now. Ready for cleaning, paint, and new bushings. Happy to see that it has a big bull gear instead of a chain. The guy I that I talk to for parts said the crank looked fine and he would use it; not sure what I want to do about that.
Pickled some parts in kero. Found the gears are damaged and worn badly, that should be fun. Got super oilite bushings from mcmaster and will be putting them in this week. I have also decided in boring the hubs and installing bushings in them to take up the play. I have ordered 1045 turned and polished stock from speedy metals to make new axle and rockshaft.