My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am Don, live in Suffolk, va, and I need to post a problem.

In addition to my JD 455 diesel, we have a MF diesel and a Kubota 2230 or something like that. Currently have a major problem (to me, anyway) with the John Deere 455. If I have to shut it down in the middle of mowing, after the engine gets hot, it will not turn over again until it cools off a wee bit. What am I doing wrong?

Other interests in addition to diesel machines:

I build live steam locomotives in 1-1/2" and 2-1/2" scale. Also manufacture parts for these trading as LOCOPARTS, llc.

don

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Welcome Don, glad you registered and nice to have you aboard. Sounds like you have some nice machines there and sorry to hear of the issues with your 455, moved this into the JD forum so hopefully the guys in the know will be along to offer some advice to you. Best wishes in getting this resolved :fing32:.

·
Premium Member
7,996 Posts
Either the solenoid or starter could be starting to go bad. Insulation starts to break down at high temperatures first. Could be contacts in the key switch not liking the heat too. Try a direct wire from the battery to the solenoid to bypass the key switch first. If that doesn't work, try bypassing the solenoid too and go straight to the starter. If it still doesn't turn over, it's most likely the starter.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Have you cleaned the screen? slkpk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts