My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few months ago I used some ideas from this forum to help me fix my Craftsman YS4500 when it threw a rod.

Now I am interested in getting an older Lawnboy (ideally a bricktop) or a Toro Commercial with the Suzuki 2 cycle engine.

While searching on CL I found someone selling an old Jacobsen Super Bagger. It was never even put together and is still new in box. I am having a hard time dating it but I think it is probably a mid to late 80s model.

She wants $80.

I thought it might be cool to pick it up and tinker with it but am not familiar with this model. When I was a kid we had a mid 70s model Jacobsen that I loved but it wasnt a Super Bagger.

Anyone have an opinion about the Jacobsen Super Baggers or if $80 seems fair?

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/grd/d/jacobsen-super-bagger-lawn/6410880112.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my first thought as well. I wasnt sure if my judgment was being clouded by the fact that I have such fond memories of the old Jacobsen we used to have.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Wow,a NOS self propelled mower for $80,and it's a Jacobsen?Seems like a good deal to me. If you Google Jacobsen super bagger,theres a little info on it.Looks like it's a Briggs engine and not a two stroke though.

·
Registered
216 Posts
That's an awesome score! I came across one a few years back and am now using it as my daily-driver push mower. The suction and bagging capacity are second-to-none, and exceeds the John Deere 14/75-series walk-behinds (of which I have several) in my opinion.

I would have paid 3x that to get that mower NIB (new in box), just to have another one. One of the best bagging mowers ever made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts