My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I picked this up last year for $25. It had a bad motor, but I had a 3.5 Briggs sitting around for the last dozen years or so and it went on and fired right up. I think its original purpose was to pull boats out of the water at a marina. My purpose for it is pulling small stumps up in an area I cleared beside my house last summer. I need to change the engine pulley, replace the belt, add an idler clutch and replace the winch cable. So far I've pulled one stump before that old belt gave up.
View attachment 2081450
Sorry about the rotated picture.

Attachments

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,390 Posts
My initial thought is...........that is really cool! My next thought is.........we need more closeup pics :tango_face_grin: I want to see the workings of this piece of ingenuity. :tango_face_glasses:

:wwp::wwp::wwp:

My last thought is.........do you think I could have it?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll shoot some sometime today. Might even try to get a video of pulling a stump. I do think it's a cool machine though, and would have liked to meet the guy who engineered it.

I just discovered that I have a slightly bigger pulley for the engine in my junk, uh, spare parts pile, so all I really need is a belt and idler to make it power that transmission better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts