My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Father of 8!LordHelp'sMe!
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Homelite 150
model #105132

Dad gave me this old saw about 20 years ago, 'cause it didn't run. Well had me newer one down and was tuning it up, when my son asked what happened to the "other" saw I had. I looked up in the rafters of the shop, and there it sat, for more than 20 years it hasn't ran, so's I got the ladder out and got that old saw down, decided to get it running.

Did a bit of work on it, even pulled the bar and chain just to make it safer 'cause the clutch that ran it didn't "feel" right.

The short story, after dumping the old gas out and refilling, she ran like a top! Took a few pulls, and a FRANTIC wife that came running out to the shop to see what was on fire (yep, she smoked a bit at first!), but she runs, and sounds amazingly even.

Dad purchased it back in '78 I think, so's heres my question!

Anyone know where I can find some pictures of the clutch, so I can see what its supposed to look like, and I wonder if a new filter can be had? Yep, the old filter was IMPACTED, for lack of a better work!

Any help is sure appreciated, thanks Folks!

·
Certified Technician
8,420 Posts
Ive got one...actually 2. One red, one blue...both dont run. Good saws, interesting saws, I dont have a camera so I cant do much for pics..

Try arboristsite.com chainsaw section.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
I had one like that for about ten years and it just would not die. Someone finally stole it out of the back of my truck and that was that.

·
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
linky no worky

BAD REQUEST

Your client sent a request that this server didn't understand.
Request: MF
dang-me! That was a good site, with very good drawings, now I got's to find it again!

Sorry!

Anyone know how to pull the clutch????

·
Minding my P's & Q's
2,044 Posts
10 years. Oh My.
So what ever happened?
Get it running? Still have it?

Reactions: littletoes

·
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes!
It ran like a top, and then I set it on a shelf again....so there it sat, so I added some gas "just because", and it leaked out. I haven't split the case yet, knowing the gas lines must be "gone"...age, rotted because of todays gas.

So now I was thinking, if I can just find a carb kit for it, I'll split it and replace all the fuel lines. No use doing anything unless I find a carb kit.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Have you looked at the 'China' carbs on ebayMazon? May spend less for a complete one than on a carb kit. For the price of a kit for a Nikki, today for the same money I can get three replacements delivered to my mailbox. They may not be perfect, but I am not flying or driving to the moon, either. An OEM replacement would be about the same as a half dozen or so... What would you do?
tom

·
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you looked at the 'China' carbs on ebayMazon? May spend less for a complete one than on a carb kit. For the price of a kit for a Nikki, today for the same money I can get three replacements delivered to my mailbox. They may not be perfect, but I am not flying or driving to the moon, either. An OEM replacement would be about the same as a half dozen or so... What would you do?
tom
They don't make them for this one.
Not enough around to copy and not enough demand.
Luckily I did find a carb kit...it's a Tillotson carb, not a Warlbro (which is more common).
Hope to have it rebuilt, cleaned, back together and running today. Depends what comes up! I need some more carb cleaner....it's the one thing I can't seem to keep on the shelf!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
You may want to try the House of Homelite Forum. It's an absolutely fantastic website. Extremely knowledgeable and friendly board. Many Many Many OEM parts available......As well as factory level info, diagrams and general Know-How. You will be overwhelmed by the passion of these old saws and what's done to keep them going. I joined when I had a couple old Homelite's to get going and needed parts.

GLuck, Jay

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
+1 to jayz, i have been looking for a top handle saw and i found and picked up a homelite super 2 with original case monday for $20 i have yet to start on it, but was looking for info and found the house of homelite has a pile of info and manuals. i also have pappy's old XL-12 in the shop. it sat for i know 10 years. put some fresh gas in it and fired it up lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a Homelite Super 2 Chainsaw from the late 80s. They really seem like tough saws. They don't look it, but this one sat for 30 years and only needed a new duck bill valve in the oil system to run again. And as soon as I got it going, the ignition coil crapped out. So It's been sitting around, hopefully I'll get it working again. But for the brief time I had it running I was impressed with its power and durability considering its weight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts