My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks -Let me introduce myself to the group. I live in Maine on about 10 acres of fields and woods. A few months ago I decided that I was getting too stiff and sore to be "bulldogging" the needed work around the place and I purchased on craig's list a used 2005 Kubota B3030 tractor. What made me very nervous about this purchase is the fact that I am not at all mechanically inclined. You mechanical types out there make me very very envious but that is OK. One of the main reasons for the tractor purchase was that my 6 acres of fields were no longer going to be hayed by a local farmer (like me he was getting old and stiff) and I did not want the fields to grow into brush and eventually trees and stuff. So soon after my tractor purchase I bought a 48" land pride rotary cutter. I have used the cutter two times and plan one more cutting before the snow flies. Needless to say the hook up of the cutter to the tractor was very interesting to say the least. I was not impressed with the owner's manual as an aid to a newbie doing it for the first time.

I do have some questions but this is not the time. They will come later! I am impressed with this forum on the scope of material and plan on continued use of the search button to answer problems as they arise.

Peace/Peter

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Welcome Peter, nice to have you aboard here with us and hope you enjoy all the forums :). The Kubota B3030 looks like a beefy machine, so hope all goes well with it and you can get your questions answered here :fing32:.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts